The ideal candidate possesses and applies expertise on multiple complex work assignments which are broad in nature, requiring originality and innovation in determining how to accomplish tasks. Has the ability to apply a comprehensive knowledge across key tasks and high impact assignments. Plans and leads major technology assignments. Evaluates performance results and recommends major changes affecting short-term project growth and success. Functions as a technical expert across multiple project assignments.
Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities
In this role you will support development and maintenance of client and user support systems related to a broad range of business areas. Leads major portions of large or medium projects, and leads small projects autonomously. Provides highly technical and specialized solutions to complex IT problems and solutions involving Services Orientated Architectures. Performs analyses and studies and prepares reports. Gathers facts through research, interviewing, surveys, etc. Analyzes the client’s business, draws conclusions, prepares final reports and gives presentations. Uses in-depth consultative skills and business knowledge to practice business objectives and processes.
• Experience working with Federal government customers in support of delivery of information technology services.
• In-depth experience in delivering SOA design, implementation, and operation support services across complex, multi-location enterprises.
• Experience developing and maintaining shared Application Programming Interface (API) libraries that allow functions to be coded once, consumed by many, and maintained centrally. Experience in API development and management for a wide variety of functions, such as X.509 certificate verification, user authentication, correspondence, rules, GIS, payments, reporting, identity management, name and address, application, and eligibility determination desirable.
• Project experience in identifying behaviors and collaboration incentives that optimize the business value of SOA by aligning service integration solutions with business objectives, governance, and business processes.
• Experience in assessing and documenting gaps and opportunities to enhance SOA interoperability, information exchange, metadata, security, quality of service, alerting, naming, versioning, audit/logging, taxonomy, users, licenses, chargeback, OLAs, and technical support.
• Experience in assessing architectural attributes, including reliability, redundancy, availability, and survivability of existing SOA systems.
• Familiarity with NetIQ AppManager web services monitoring and messaging. Experience with tools such as AppDynamics or New Relic a plus.
• Experience or certification with Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services, including Hybrid Cloud Architectures desirable.
• Experience with Agile development methodologies, ideally working on projects with both worker (internal) and public (external) users. Scrum Master Certification a plus.
• ITIL v3 Foundation Certification required. ITIL v3 Intermediate Level desirable.
• Project Management Professional or Program Management Professional Certification.
• SOA Certified Professional
• SOA Certified Consultant
• SOA Certified Analyst
• SOA Certified Architect
• Desired certifications: Certified Secure Software Lifecycle Professional.
• Strong oral and written communication skills
U.S. CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Systems Management or related field degree or higher and a minimum of 8years of applications development experience. Applicable advance certifications for the specified areas.
Local candidates only. Work location: Northern Virginia
Must have passed the equivalent of a High-Level Risk Background Investigation (or higher) prior to commencing work.