Boeing Commercial Airlines (BCA) Customer Support is seeking a Retrofit & Repair Engineer to join a team where you will develop aircraft retrofit plans for all Boeing Airplane models in the area of Mechanical System and/ or Propulsion System. This position is located in Seal Beach, CA. POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
- Researches, analyzes and interprets engineering data to develop and evaluate retrofit/repair product configurations.
- Develops and defines customer retrofit/repair requirements.
- Integrates data from configuration management sources.
- Creates retrofit/repair product designs.
- Develops processes, tests and validates retrofit/repair installations to ensure compliance with customer requirements and regulatory standards.
- Verifies retrofit/repair design compliance with customer/regulatory requirements to enable approval.
- Directs use of process improvement methodologies.
- Analyzes customer technical queries and provides retrofit/repair solutions.
- Works under general direction.
- Develop, manage and status aircraft retrofit plan at project level
- Apply extensive knowledge of customer retrofit requirement to develop improved solution that is tailored for aircraft customers
- Support various program leadership, change process and customer meetings to influence retrofit decision
- Make use of and applies extensive knowledge of various engineering disciplines such as electrical, mechanical, software and/or systems
- Communicate with technical personnel from multiple skill areas and functions to evaluate retrofit solution and able to influence change as needed
- Develop, review and/or approve Service Bulletin, Information Notice, and Alternative Method of Compliance (AMOC)
- Provide response to customer service request related to Service Bulletin
- Occasionally travel to Airline Maintenance Facility to support retrofit work in short notice
- Be willing to stay late or work on weekend occasionally to support Retrofit Work and/or Airline Reported Issues
- Travel for work 10% of the time.
Relocation assistance based on Eligibility. Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Relocation Assistance Available
Yes. Available for eligible candidates, if authorized.
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee. Basic/Required Qualifications
- BS degree in Mechanical/Aerospace/Electrical Engineering
- Experience in Project Management
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office Products and strong written, verbal communications and presentation skills
- Ability to work occasional late evening, weekends and/or overtime
- Experience working with propulsion system and/or engine technology
- Experience in Airplane Design, Liaison Engineering and/or Manufacturing Engineering as an engineer
- Experience in MRO or Airline Maintenance Facility as an engineer
- Experience in Airplane Mechanical System and/or Propulsion System
- Experience with engineering tools such as ENOVIA, PDM, MAPPER, CATIA
- Experience with working with FAA or Regulatory Administration
- Knowledgeable about Airplane Maintenance Standards such as ATA iSpec 2200 and/or S1000d
- Engineering degree ABET accredited preferred
- Experienced reviewing and approving airplane modification changes as a Design Approval Engineer (DAE) or Authorized Representative (AR).
- Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 9 or more years' experience, Master's with 7 or more years' experience or PhD with 4 or more years' experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.