ABOUT THE POSITION:
Is this the right position to help you achieve your professional goals? Some of the specific responsibilities for this position may include:
- Project and task management, including planning and implementing remediation projects, budgeting and budget management, adherence to schedule, quality, client satisfaction, and profitability;
- Performing and managing contaminated site remedy evaluation and implementation, including preparing feasibility studies, removal action work plans, and remedy design;
- Performing and managing pilot and bench-scale programs for soil, soil vapor, and/or groundwater technologies;
- Preparing remediation designs for soil, soil vapor, and/or groundwater remediation projects including drawings, engineering analyses and calculations, and preparing technical specifications; and
- Preparing technical reports, letters, memoranda, plans, and proposals.
Collaboration and mentoring are cornerstones of Geosyntec’s culture. You should expect to work closely with experienced professionals who will help integrate you into Geosyntec’s culture as you advance to this next stage of your career. Based on your current level of experience, you may be asked to take on task-level or project management responsibilities, along with proposal and business development activities, and mentoring tasks. Here are some other things you should know about this position:
- Training: This position requires OSHA health and safety, first aid, CPR training and medical monitoring, all paid for by Geosyntec. We also offer professional development opportunities including in-house seminars, webinars, and mentoring, that allow our professionals to build the technical and business skills necessary to become successful consultants.
- Fieldwork: Up to 25%
- Overnight travel: Up to 25 %
Your success is our success. We encourage our professionals to continually develop their interests and skills. Advancement is based on an individual’s own performance and initiative.
- BS degree in Engineering (civil, environmental, or chemical preferred). (required)
- Advanced degree (M.S. or Ph.D.) in engineering. (preferred)
- At least 5 years of direct environmental consulting experience. (required)
- Professional certification (P.E.) in Pennsylvania and/or other states and the ability to obtain professional certification in Pennsylvania (if not already certified) through reciprocity or testing within one year of hire date. (required).
- Current OSHA 40-hr HAZWOPER training and refreshers. (required)
- Experience with multi-disciplinary project teams. (preferred)
- Knowledge of Pennsylvania, Ohio, West Virginia, New York, New Jersey, Maryland and/or USEPA regulatory requirements related to soil, groundwater, and soil vapor remediation. (required)
- Experience in remediation system design. (required)
- Valid U.S. driver’s license and a satisfactory driving record for business travel. (required)