Experienced Public Safety - DAS Project Manager/Sales Engineer
Our team is growing! Give your career a boost and join us now! Do you want to work for a company where the sky's the limit for building career growth? Are you looking to work for a high-energy, industry-leader for the in-building cell phone signal booster and public safety DAS space?
Who we are:
Silk Worldwide, Inc. is the holding company of WilsonAmplifiers, SignalBoosters.com, Bolton Technical, Signal Unlimited, and more. We are an Inc-5000 Fastest-Growing Private company four years in a row (and counting).
The Public Safety DAS Project Manager will represent SignalBoosters.com which is a leading provider of nationwide commercial signal boosting & wireless solutions featuring cellular, public safety, and DAS. Current areas we work in include Manufacturing Facilities, Schools, Hospitals and Nationwide Retailers.
We work on high profile, cutting-edge projects nationwide. We seek an experienced Public Safety-DAS Project Manager / Sales Engineer for our Stafford, TX Office. The position calls for high energy, dedication, attention to detail, timeliness, teamwork, positive attitude, adaptability, self-motivation, reliability, and the willingness/ability to learn new technical concepts.
- Manage relationships with local fire chiefs/marshals which includes working with them on defining local public safety frequency codes and scheduling testing of systems.
- Research and procure regional and local Public Safety Frequency codes and then communicate them to our various BDA manufacturers on a case by case basis.
- Meet with wireless operators (MNOs), end users, and facility managers.
- Spearhead some of the Company's and Industry's largest Public Safety DAS deployments.
- Confirm materials list with design and installation teams.
- Ensuring the successful implementation of these systems on time, within budget, while exceeding customer expectations.
- Managing crews of in-house and subcontracted installers and technicians.
- Work with supply chain to secure necessary equipment, parts, and materials for projects.
- Multiple projects at once, monitor and manage project status and document for company and customer stakeholders.
- Developing subcontractor scopes of work, coordinating the bidding process and selecting winning bidders.
- Ensuring that systems are installed according to the specifications of on-staff engineers.
- Participating in the quoting and bidding process of company projects.
- Ensuring the safety and protection of personnel, work sites, job site materials, and company assets.
- Coordinate scheduling with customer and installation teams.
- Act as company liaison with sub-contractor engagements.
- Create processes and document SOPs
Must be able to perform:
- DAS and Public Safety site surveys,
- Record RF signal readings,
- Create testing grids and build BOMs.
- Be able to read and understand design plans to ensure smooth deployment of systems.
- Be able to install and troubleshoot Bi-Directional Amplifiers (BDAs), manufacturers include Wilson Electronics, SureCall, HiBoost, and Cel-Fi.
- Be able to install and troubleshoot active DAS Public Safety equipment like Cobham, Comba, Westell, Solid, and Andrews
- Collect and deliver survey information including, but not limited to, equipment location, risers, pathways, obstacles that might block RF, donor location, roof penetrations, areas requiring conduit, important coverage areas.
- Collect and deliver close-out information including, but not limited to, antenna radiated power readings, installation pict ures, BDA/DAS installation system screenshots, and cable sweep results.
- Experience in the installation of cabling in a construction environment.
- Strong background in structured cabling, RF Systems, and DAS installations.
- Minimum of 3+ years relevant Project Management experience.
- Experience managing Multi-Million-dollar structured cabling, DAS, or commercial wireless projects.
- Experience in managing both internal and external installation resources and working cooperatively with in-house engineering personnel.
- Competent at establishing implementation timelines and resource requirements.
Experience / Qualifications:
- Cabling: RF Systems: DAS Installations: 3 years
- Project Management: 3 years
- Wireless Industry: 3 years
- Experience with at least one, preferably two of the major DAS, BDA manufacturer's equipment like Cobham, Comba, Westell, Solid; ADRF; TE; ADC/LGC or Andrews.
- Experience terminating and testing coax
- Experience with testing software
- Be able to work with other technicians in a professional and respectful manner
- Experience with Microsoft Office.
- Applicants must be able to pass a drug test, background check, and have reliable transportation with a clean driving record.
Education and Certifications:
- Technical trade school, military, or wireless operator training.
- 4 Year Technical or Business Degree -BICSI or PMP Certification Required.
- On-site 50% +/- at Company office located in Stafford, Texas 77477
- Project driven travel will be required - position travels up to 50% +/-
- Locally sourced, no relocation benefits for this position
What we offer:
- Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications
- Comprehensive benefits package for qualifying full-time employees:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- 401k retirement savings plan with company match
- Company-paid life insurance & LTD
- Paid Time Off (PTO) for vacation, sick and paid company holidays
- Annual bonus potential
Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time