Experienced Pricing Analyst - Estimator Bill of Materials / Cost Analyst
15+ years experience • Manufacturing / Diversified
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
General Atomics is among the leading technology employers in the San Diego area. We offer a challenging and rewarding work environment, competitive salaries, and a comprehensive benefits package which includes health insurance, 401k, pension, tuition reimbursement, paid time off, paid holidays, recreations facilities and a 9/80 work schedule. In addition, relocation assistance is available for this role.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We have an exciting opportunity as a Pricing Analyst - Estimator in our Contracts group in Poway, CA.
Under minimal supervision, prepares bills of material and labor estimates for hardware proposals. Assists in support of pre-award, post-award and fact finding audits. Coordinates with other disciplines to gather actuals and estimates.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
- Creates bills of material and labor estimates using the company developed Cost Estimating system.
- Analyzes data results for logic, completeness and applicability in accordance with policies, procedures and instructions.
- Solicits inputs on incomplete/inaccurate data for estimates.
- Applies escalation and adjustment factors as required.
- Prepares consolidated bills of material for Procurement’s use in soliciting quotes.
- Conducts special studies to develop and establish standard hour and related cost data or effect cost reductions.
- Analyzes blueprints, specifications, proposals, and other documentation to prepare time, cost, and labor estimates for products, projects, or services.
- Performs pre-award, post-award and fact finding audits.
- Interprets FAR and CAS regulations relating to pricing.
- Develops and maintains pricing spreadsheet. Prepares reports, charts, and graphs of findings.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company.
- Expected to maintain a productive and safe working environment in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Typically requires a bachelor's degree and fifteen or more years experience in contracts, subcontracts, estimating and pricing in a manufacturing environment. Equivalent experience may be substituted in lieu of education.
- Must demonstrate an in-depth understanding of pricing and purchasing theories, concepts and principles. Must possess project management skills including organizing, scheduling, conducting, and coordinating work assignments to meet project milestones. Must be customer focused and possess: (1) the ability to identify issues, analyze and interpret complex data and develop solutions to a variety of unusually complex problems; (2) excellent analytical, verbal and written communication skills to accurately document, report, and present findings; (3) the ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information; (4) the ability to represent the company as a knowledgeable resource on external projects; and (5) excellent computer skills. Ability to work independently or lead in a team environment is essential as is the ability to work extended hours and travel as required.
Job ID#: 14507BR