General Atomics (GA), and its affiliated companies, is one of the world's leading resources for high-technology systems development ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to remotely piloted aircraft, airborne sensors, and advanced electric, electronic, wireless and laser technologies.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
Under appreciable direction, this position is responsible for the planning and scheduling the maintenance and/or reconfiguration for assigned company facilities and equipment such as office buildings, R&D laboratories, manufacturing plants including all office, laboratories, and manufacturing equipment. Completes work orders that comply with appropriate laws and regulations, maximize the use of internal resources and control costs. Advises management of the status of work in progress, potential project problems and recommended solutions. Identifies planning needs; develops and implements systems to accommodate task accomplishment, project communication and reporting.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Compiles and analyzes data for assigned maintenance to identify trends, needs and recommendations.
- Coordinates with space users (internal & external), facilities engineering, and assigned project management and completes the scope of the maintenance/reconfiguration requirements.
- Reviews and finalizes estimates for maintenance services including equipment, installation, labor, materials preparation and other related costs.
- Finalizes a statement of work (SOW) and ensures the SOW is in compliance with identified needs, appropriate regulations, contractual requirements and Company policy.
- Schedules and oversees visits to maintenance work sites to review project progress and to ensure project is in conformance with contractual agreement (i.e. project progress, labor costs, materials, engineering and building standards, and appropriate regulations.
- May direct or coordinate the activities of other employees in the maintenance planning area. May also participate in hiring and training employees.
- Represents the organization on assigned projects and frequently interacts with internal and external customers and identifies project issues and coordinates resolving the identified issues.
- Maintains the strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company.
- Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Typically requires a bachelors degree in a related discipline and ten or more years of progressive professional maintenance planning. Equivalent professional experience may be substituted in lieu of education.
- Must have a thorough understanding of appropriate regulations covering maintenance/reconfiguration as well as a thorough understanding and experience of one or more of the following: developing SOW's, reviewing and understanding contracts, reviewing project costs, purchasing, and material management. Must possess leadership skills including organizing, planning, scheduling, conducting and coordinating work assignments to meet project milestones or established completion dates.
- Must possess the ability to understand new concepts quickly and apply them in an evolving environment while contributing to the development of new processes.
- Must be customer focused and possess: (1) the ability to identify issues, analyze data and develop solutions to a variety of complex technical problems; (2) excellent analytical, verbal and written communication skills to accurately document, report, and present findings; (3) excellent interpersonal skills to guide employees, negotiate and resolve conflicts as well as enabling an effective interface with other professionals; (4) the ability to represent the company as a knowledgeable resource; and (5) excellent computer skills.
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment is essential as is the ability to work extended hours as required.
- US citizenship required