Boeing Defense, Space & Security is looking for an experienced electrophysics engineer to support their Network Space Systems group in El Segundo.
- Develops and validates requirements for various complex communication, sensor, electronic warfare and other electromagnetic systems and components.
- Develops and validates electromagnetic requirements for electrical\electronic systems, mechanical systems, interconnects and structures.
- Performs complicated trade studies, modeling, simulation and other forms of analysis to predict component, interconnects and system performance and to optimize design around established requirements.
- Defines and conducts critical tests of various kinds to validate performance of designs to requirements.
- Manages appropriate aspects of critical supplier and partner performance to ensure compliance to requirements.
- Provides support to products throughout their lifecycle from manufacturing to customer use by providing guidance and support to resolve complex issues.
- Supports project management by providing coordinating development of work statement, budget, schedule and other required inputs and conducting appropriate reviews.
- Generates major sections of proposals to support development of new business.
- Works under minimal direction.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Space and Launch
Relocation Assistance Available
Yes. Available for eligible candidates, if authorized.
This position requires an active Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) U.S. Security Clearance, for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills and Experience):
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering
- 9 years experience minimum in military/commercial space electronics program/project management
- Requires educational background and work related experience in the design, development, fabrication, assembly, integration and test of spacecraft electronics
- Requires exceptional interpersonal and organization skills in conjunction with excellent written and oral communication capabilities
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Be able to effectively interact throughout all levels of the organization and customer community and manage diverse cross functional teams
comprised of exempt, nonexempt and hourly personnel.
- Requires functional knowledge of spacecraft products,
processes, systems and applications.
- Must be proficient at costing, scheduling, detailed program planning, risk
management, subcontract management, earned value reporting and proposal response preparation.
- Self starter with essential multi-tasking skills and the ability to perform in an environment with minimal supervision and guidance.
Typical Education and Experience:
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 9 or more years' experience, Master's with 7 or more years' experience or PhD with 4 or more years' experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
BSEE/BSME, MSEE/MSME/MBA desirable and/or demonstrated equivalent years of experience within the military aerospace industry.