Description:About Boeing: Job Description
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We're committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that's welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Works with customers to develop and document complex electronic and electrical system requirements. Analyzes and translates requirements into system, hardware and software designs and interface specifications. Tests and validates to ensure system designs meet operational and functional requirements. Monitors supplier performance to ensure system integration and compliance with requirements. Solves problems concerning and provides other support of fielded hardware and software over the entire product lifecycle. Researches specific technology advances for potential application to company business needs.
Experienced Electrical Systems Design and Analysis Engineer, Herndon, VA
The Boeing Defense, Space & Security (BDS) organization is seeking an Experienced Electrical Systems Design and Analysis Engineer
to join the Autonomous Systems,Maritime Undersea (MU)
division in Herndon, VA
area. This position will provide an opportunity in designing new electronic systems, as well as opportunities in implementing new capabilities in existing field units,working in a cross-functional team environment where customer focus, teamwork, and communication are critical.Primary Responsibilities:
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills and Experience
- Duties include circuit design, requirements and interface definition, modeling and analysis, testing, performance, design verification and design documentation throughout the engineering design process.
- Technical support for fabrication and test of production-level electronics.
- Support and lead projects involving digital and analog circuit board design.
- Responsible for digital design, worst case circuit analysis, design specification, and component test plan.
- Responsible for supporting and presenting design information and details throughout the engineering process, and creating design documentation through the release cycle.
):**This position requires an active Top Secret U.S. Security Clearance post startfor which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- 5+ years' experience in electrical circuit analysis and design using components such as microcontrollers, field programmable gate arrays (FPGA), analog-to-digital converters (ADC), and digital-to-analog converters (DAC)
- Bachelor's degree or higher in engineering or other related technical field
- Experience in circuit board design and analysis using Mentor Graphics, OrCAD for schematic capture, and Pspice or equivalent for circuit analysis
- Experience in testing and validation of system designs to ensure they meet operational and functional requirements.
Typical Education & Experience:
- Top Secret/SCI w/Poly
- Experience in analyzing and translating requirements into system architecture, hardware and software designs and interface specifications
- Team experience (Agile work environment, formal technical presentations, formal customer presentations)
- Position skill area (software, hardware, electro-optical)
- Experience in working with customers in developing complex electronic, electrical, and/or power system requirements.
- Experiencedeveloping innovative analog, power, and/or digital circuit design principles (e.g., frequency, voltage, thermal, bandwidth, mismatch) to design, simulate and layout circuit boards
- Computing experience (electronic interfaces, military communication protocols, equipment environmental requirements,
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and5 or more years' experience, Master's with3 or more years' experience or PhD withexperience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.Relocation:This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility. Basic relocation is available for internal candidates.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids
, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies. Experience Level
Individual Contributor Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award Job Code
6B1BI3 (664) Schedule
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.