As an Experienced DSP Subsystems/Firmware Engineer (Level 4), you will design and develop state-of-the-art, space-based communication systems for commercial, civil and/or national security programs. You will be part of a highly-motivated team that works with domestic or international customers on their latest satellite systems.
Subsystems or Algorithm duties include:
- Designing and developing next generation RF and digital satellite communication systems
- Developing and verifying multi-rate, fixed-point signal processing algorithms
- Conducting performance analysis of signal processing models
- Performing waveform development and characterization
- Performing trade studies
- Supporting integration ant test of our payloads and spacecraft from unit level through in-orbit operations
- Supporting HDL-level design and verification
- Performing detailed system design and verification activities
- Leading teams
Project assignments typically span the unit life cycle, from internal trades, concept studies and system definition, to satellite unit development and test. Candidates will belong to or lead a systems engineering team interacting with customers, suppliers, program management, integration and test engineers, and senior technologists.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Space and Launch
Relocation Assistance Available
Yes. Available for eligible candidates, if authorized.
This position requires an active Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) U.S. Security Clearance. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.)
Typical Education & Experience:
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 9 or more years' experience, Master's with 7 or more years' experience or PhD with 4 or more years' experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, or physics.
Other Job Related Information/Qualifications:
Qualified candidates must have demonstrable experience in one or more of the following: digital communication theory and systems, digital signal processing (DSP), algorithm design and implementation, or systems engineering principles.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- 3+ years of experience with Matlab or Simulink.
- 5+ years of experience in Digital Signal Processing or Digital Communications
- 5+ years of experience in systems engineering concepts (requirements definition, allocation, verification, architecture design and trade design).
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Proficiency in Matlab/Simulink.
- Experience leading teams of engineers.
- Experience working with ASICs or FPGAs
- Experience with lab equipment (oscilloscope, waveform generator, spectrum analyzer)
- Experience leading teams of engineers