As a DSP Subsystems Firmware Engineer (Level 4), you will design and develop state-of-the-art, space-based communication systems for commercial, civil and/or national security programs. You will be part of a highly-motivated team that works with domestic or international customers on their latest satellite systems.
• Defining and developing satellite communications system and unit architecture
• Developing and verifying multi-rate, fixed-point signal processing algorithms
• Conducting performance analysis of signal processing models
• Performing waveform development and characterization
• Supporting trade studies
• Supporting unit-level integration and performance simulations
• Supporting HDL-level design and verification
• Supporting hardware procurement, design reviews, and unit sell-offs
Project assignments typically span the unit life cycle, from internal trades, concept studies and system definition, to satellite unit development and test. Candidates will belong to a systems engineering team interacting with customers, suppliers, program management, integration and test engineers, and senior technologists.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Space and Launch
Relocation Assistance Available
Yes. Available for eligible candidates, if authorized.
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
Typical Education & Experience:
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 9 or more years' experience, Master's with 7 or more years' experience or PhD with 4 or more years' experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Other Job Related Information/Qualifications:
Qualified candidate must have demonstrable experience in digital communication theory and systems, digital signal processing (DSP) concepts, waveform design and implementation, development of algorithms for hardware implementation on ASICs or FPGAs, and verification planning and principles, while applying their theoretical knowledge in resolving real world problems. Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- 1+ years of education/training and/or work experience with Matlab and/or Simulink.
- 3+ years experience in Digital Signal Processing/Digital Communications algorithms and techniques (equalization, turbo/viterbi coding/decoding, channel estimation, filter design, resampling theory, etc.).
- 1+ years of experienceworking with ASICs or FPGAs.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Proficiency in Matlab/Simulink
- Proficiency in Simulink HDL Coder