As a DarkOwl account executive, you have a solid background in cybersecurity, and you enjoy the hunt for new business opportunities. You are well versed in all aspects of the software solution selling process: identifying opportunities and ruling out unqualified prospects, building rapport and developing a strong understanding of your customer’s needs, positioning value, preparing an account strategy and leading your prospect to closing business.
You have a track record of meeting or exceeding a $1M sales quota. When we meet, you’ll confidently demonstrate your active listening skills that include sales probing, leading dialogue with questions—you can point to at least 2-3 successes of how you sold $100K level contracts into an enterprise.
This is a full-time position with a highly flexible/remote work environment. Our clients are global and our team can do its work from anywhere.
What you bring to the table:
- Experience selling into the cybersecurity space and conducting research about a prospective organization to build your target list
- Ability to sift out the “very curious” from legitimate prospects. Everyone wants to know about the dark web but not everyone is willing to buy our product.
- Skilled in consultative selling – Demonstrable active listening skills that includes sales probing skills, leading dialogue with questions, positioning value that’s relevant to prospect’s use case
- Able to meet or exceed $1 million in sales quota while recognizing that there is no cookbook recipe for getting there.
- Ability to successfully negotiate and close contracts over $100K and understand the purchasing and funding processes
- Proven ability to interact effectively with senior customer executives
- Business solution experience with enterprise level clients—identifying all stakeholders critical to closing business
- Ability to define sales strategies and tactics, recommending customer solutions and making pricing and bidding decisions, and ensuring compliance with sales policies, processes and objectives
- Self-disciplined to work remotely, build and be accountable for growing your own book of business; Strong organizational and time management skills
- Also, a Team Player – Work with team members in Sales, Operations, Finance, and Management to help you get business closed
- Must possess strong inter-personal relations and excellent verbal/written communication skills
- Ability to organize, breakdown and clearly articulate complex thoughts, ideas and instructions in written form
- Strong ability to take initiative and confidently direct customer interactions using all modes of communication: phone, email, Linkedin outreach
- Entrepreneurial spirit - will do what it takes to get the job done
- Ability to network and develop new business leads
- Previous experience in data sales a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, Computer Science or related field a plus
- 5-10 years of consultative software sales experience and cyber security experience expected