The ideal candidate possesses and applies expertise on multiple complex work assignments which are broad in nature, requiring originality and innovation in determining how to accomplish tasks. Has the ability to apply a comprehensive knowledge across key tasks and high impact assignments. Plans and leads major technology assignments. Evaluates performance results and recommends major changes affecting short-term project growth and success. Functions as a technical expert across multiple project assignments.
Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities
In this role you will support development and maintenance of client and user support systems related to a broad range of business areas. Design, develop, enhance, debug, and implement software solutions. Troubleshoots production problems related to software applications. Research, test, build, and coordinate the conversion and/or integration of new products based on client requirements. Design and develop new software products or major enhancements to existing software. Evaluate effectiveness. Address problems of systems integration, compatibility, and support of multiple platforms. Consult with project teams and end users to identify application requirements. Perform feasibility analysis on potential future projects for management review. Assist in the evaluation and recommendation of application software packages, application integration and testing tools. Resolve problems with software and respond to suggestions for improvements and enhancements. Act as team leader on projects. Instruct, assign, direct, and check the work of others on the development team. Participates in development of software user manuals and technical reports.
• Ability to interpret requirements and translate into process flow tooling (e.g., Alfresco, Activity, Rational, Object Orientated Analysis & Design (OOAD, etc.).
• Experience with performing Functional Decomposition, Process/Data Modeling, Prototyping, Backlog Grooming, SWOT Analysis, Wireframes Creation and Decision Analysis.
• Strong experience with Agile development methodologies, ideally working on projects with both worker (internal) and public (external) users. Scrum Master Certification a plus.
• Familiar and experience with Software Development Life Cycle.
• Experience in User Experience Design (UxD). A history of working with Mobile, Web, Productivity Integration, Social Collaboration is a strong plus.
• Desired certifications: Microsoft Certified Application Developer, Oracle APEX, Oracle Certified Java, Oracle Certified Professional, Red Hat Certified JBoss Developer, Professional Scrum Developer, Certified Secure Software Lifecycle Professional.
• Strong oral and written communication skills
U.S. CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Systems Management or related field degree or higher and a minimum of 5 years of applications development experience,. Applicable advance certifications for the specified areas.
Local candidates only. Work location: Northern Virginia
Must have passed the equivalent of a High-Level Risk Background Investigation (or higher) prior to commencing work.