Gensler is a global architecture and design firm grounded in the belief that design strategy optimizes business performance and human potential. Our 5,000+ practitioners networked across 46 offices use global perspective and local presence to innovate at every scale.
Whether we are refreshing a retailer’s brand, planning a new urban district, or designing a super tall building, we strive to make the everyday places people occupy more inspiring, more resilient, and more impactful.
Gensler is seeking an Experience Strategist in our Austin office. We believe that a strong and consistent strategy is the foundation of a successfully designed experience, and we seek to embed strategy across all Practice Areas and many projects throughout the Firm.
In the role of Experience Strategist, you will be responsible for collaborating with clients from different industries and designers from multiple disciplines—print, digital, environmental, and interior.
Valuable experience for this position includes brand strategy, quantitative research, qualitative research, data analysis, industry and technology trends identification, business strategy and experience design.
Gensler is committed to focusing on the Human Experience. In support of that mission, you will also be a key member of a team building our experience design practice in the Austin office and across the firm.
What You Will Do
- Combine experience design, storytelling, creative strategy and the built environment to develop large-scale vision and creative strategy for projects.
- Understand clients’ business goals and operational realities.
- Assess the competitive landscape to understand opportunities for differentiation and market positioning.
- Develop a strategic brief to align design teams and translate conceptual principles into tactical and tangible design and experience elements.
- Develop unique, consistent and sustainable customer experiences that align strategy and positioning with execution.
- Apply brand and/or experience principles to the user experience across all channels of engagement, including the built environment, product design, Digital media design and UX, and service design.
- Facilitate client workshops and conversations
Research & Synthesis
- Design original user research using a variety of methodologies
- Facilitate discussions with users and stakeholders
- Review and synthesize existing research, business strategy, brand materials, and documents to better understand the client and their industry and communicate key insights to the larger team
- Summarize research, insights, trends, best practices, and consumer behaviors into insights, frameworks, and experience concepts and solutions
- Leverage existing materials and secondary research to frame the business and design opportunities
- Oversee and participate in the creation and production of a range of presentation materials to convey the user experience, including customer journey maps, research summaries, and touch point analyses to guide innovative user experiences
- Create and present work to clients
- Lead client work sessions, meetings, and presentations, as needed
- Manage client relationships
- Coordinate with internal teams and move projects forward
- Work collaboratively as part of a team within the studio and across Gensler's studios to build our business
- Share a passion for the work that you do
- Mentor junior staff
- Work across Gensler to identify new opportunities for collaboration and cross-disciplinary work
- Be a champion for Experience Strategy and Design both with our clients and within Gensler
- Extend existing client relationships by adding experience strategy scopes further “upstream” in the creative process
- Promote firmwide development by taking initiative to identify and cultivate new clients and business opportunities
- 8-10 years of professional experience that are applicable to this position
- Excellent writing and presentation skills
- Experience managing and guiding clients
- Experience with presentations and proposal development
- Ability to work within a multidisciplinary design environment
- A willingness to travel for client presentations and research fieldwork
- Excellent time management and people management skills
- An ability to support multiple projects simultaneously
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite