Expereinced Engineering Supervisor
11 - 15 years experience • Manufacturing / Diversified
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We have an exciting opportunity as an experienced Manufacturing Engineer at our Spanish Fork R & D facility in Utah.
This position typically reports to a technical manager and is responsible for the planning, managing and technical performance of one or more engineering unit(s). Manages all phases of assigned engineering project(s) from inception through completion. Participates with technical staff, program managers and/or Division/Group executive management to develop and implement current, annual and long-term technical, schedule, quality, business and financial objectives for the unit(s). May also contribute to the development of annual and long-term objectives for the Division/Group. Objectives are typically accomplished through subordinate engineering managers and/or team leaders. May be responsible for decisions that impact outcomes where erroneous decisions could cause serious schedule delays and expenditure of additional time, resources and funds.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage all activities for engineering project(s) including planning and managing technical performance to ensure quality, business, and financial objectives are attained.
- Manage and implement current, annual and long-term technical, schedule, quality, business, and financial objectives for the engineering unit(s) and may also participate in the development of Group/Company objectives.
- Participate in and coordinate the establishment of design concepts, criteria, and engineering efforts for product research, development, testing, and integration.
- Interact with internal and external representatives at various levels concerning resolution of technical and scheduling issues. Act as primary contact for engineering activities.
- May participate in the preparation of proposals, business plans, proposal work statements and specifications, operating budgets and financial terms/conditions of contract(s).
- Ensure technical leadership and excellence is maintained by participating in the planning, attraction, selection, retention, and development of the required management, professional, and technical talent.
- Lead progress review sessions to discuss cost, schedule, and technical performance.
- Identify engineering issues and provide leadership in developing solutions such as re-allocation of resources or modifying contract specifications.
- May participate in the development of new business opportunities and expansion of existing business opportunities.
- Manage the development of and ensure the security of the unit’s proprietary technology, and maintain the strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Responsible for ensuring all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations are observed wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company. Responsible for ensuring work is accomplished in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
Other duties as assigned or required.
- Typically requires a Bachelors, Masters or PhD in engineering or a related technical field as well as eleven or more years of progressively complex engineeringexperience with at least five of those years having management responsibilities. May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education.
- Demonstrates technical expertise in the application of engineering principles, concepts, theory, and practice as well as project management and leadership skills including organizing, planning, scheduling, and coordinating workloads to meet established deadlines or milestones.
- Must possess the ability to resolve complex management and technical problems.
- Strong communication, leadership, presentation, and interpersonal skills are required to enable an effective interface with other departments, all levels of management, professional and support staff, customers, potential customers, and government representatives.
- Customer focused, must be able to work on a self-initiated basis and in a team environment, and able to work extended hours and travel as required.
- A Professional Engineering License, and original work(s) published in professional engineering journals are desirable.