Work with customers and partners (existing and potential) in collaboration with the Revenue team, to define and lead the build-out of cross platform feature sets to dominate the Solutions and Market Verticals we operate in and are going after.
The Expense Management Vertical Product Lead will drive our Expense Management Vertical strategy across its related Solutions
Our current Expense Management Vertical focus is on the following Solutions:
- T & E Cards.
- Pre-paid / Debit Expense Management T&E cards cards, tools and infrastructure
- Credit-based Expense Management cards, tools and infrastructure
- Payables. AP Buyer <> Supplier Payment Orchestration
- Other future Solutions that help support the vision and strategy for the Expense Management Vertical
- An assessment of market segments, opportunities and existing solutions to compare and contrast against Marqeta’s offerings.
- Thereafter, there should be a Product Development and go-to-market strategy for each of the Solutions.
- You are responsible not only for advancing our Solutions to increase the Marqeta market share of their addressable markets, but to also address the retention and growth needs of current and future Marqeta customers of our Expense Solutions.
- Within that strategy, you would be expected to identify both the technical and non-technical resource needs to make that strategy and vision a reality using a cross functional, but dedicated resource team model.
- Identify compelling solutions to our customers needs, thinking outside the boundaries of existing market solutions
- Document the details, user stories and requirements of the initiatives your are leading
- Deliver solutions in an agile way, front and center collecting customer feedback, and iterating rapidly
- Define the success metrics of a feature and optimize iterations measuring progress on the success metrics
- Collaborate with the Marketing team on the Product Marketing strategy for the Solution(s) you are owning
- Evangelize the What and the Why for all of the build-out efforts of our Solutions
- Work across the organization (Revenue, Operations, Technology, Legal, Compliance, etc.) to coordinate scoping, planning and delivering solutions and features
- Be the single point of accountability for delivering solutions and features that ship to customers, delight their users and dominate in their markets
Key factors beyond the above are to leverage influence and insight from the above cross-functional teams that help enable delivery of the strategy, with that strategy being understood by all at Marqeta. Communication in all its shapes and forms is a critical success factor.
- A customer and market focused Product Manager with 5-10 years experience ideally within SaaS platforms in the payments domain
- A relationship builder both with internal teams and our current and future customers
- A Product Manager capable of commanding all aspects (technical and non-technical) of our Solutions (different product lines)
- Experience in defining success metrics and tracking and communicating progress towards key milestones of the success metrics
- Creativity to find non-traditional approaches to existing and new opportunities within the Expense Management Vertical and our related Solutions
- Be a member of an exceptional team - we’re growing and your career and opportunities with us will, too!
- Rich suite of benefit plans - Employee premiums paid 100%
- Generous Paid Time Off plan
- Market-leading fully paid Parental Leave
- Retirement savings - 401k plan with a Company match
- Meaningful Equity
- Quarterly Hack Weeks to support and reward innovation
- Beautiful downtown Oakland office in a great location, with stunning views of Lake Merritt
- Conveniently located close to public transportation
- Open, transparent culture that includes weekly All Hands meetings, Lunch-and-Learns, all-company offsite, etc.
- Commuter and Parking monthly subsidy
- Fully stocked kitchen, catered lunches twice a week, breakfast on Fridays, and more. Access to corporate gym membership rates and other discounts and employee perks!