Since 1851, MassMutual’s commitment has always been to help people protect their families, support their communities, and help one another. This is why we want to inspire people to Live Mutual. We at MassMutual value diversity and inclusion. We’re people helping people.
A career with us means you will work alongside exceptional people and be empowered to reach your professional and personal goals. Our employees are the foundation of what makes MassMutual a strong, stable and ethical business. We seek and value unique and varied perspectives and experiences because we believe we are stronger when all voices are heard. We invite you to bring your bright, innovative ideas to MassMutual as we continue to help millions of Americans rely on each other.
Together, we’re stronger.
This individual contributor position will be a key add to the Corporate Cost Management Organization. This analyst will support senior business unit leaders in managing their expense base.
- Included in scope is meeting with and advising senior level business executives, completing expense variance analysis, unit cost development, fixed vs. variable expense analysis, working with management to set unit cost (and department level) aspirations, developing presentations, staffing model creation and utilization (where applicable).
- Also included is providing key inputs and analysis for setting expense budgets and strategic targets/goals.
- This position has high exposure to senior leadership across MassMutual and offers skill set development supporting the potential for a management role in the future.
- Sound finance background
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Good Excel spreadsheet and financial modeling skills
- Solid Powerpoint skills
- Excellent critical thinking skills
- Ideal candidate will have more than 10 years of Finance/Accounting experience
- Bachelors' Degree in Accounting or Finance, or related on the job experience
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States without requiring visa sponsorship now or in the future
- Proficient in Hyperion or other similar reporting tools
Ranked No. 77 in the annual FORTUNE ® 500 Ranking (FORTUNE ® Magazine, June 2017) and recognized as a World’s Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere, MassMutual is guided by a single purpose: We help people secure their future and protect the ones they love. As a company owned by our policyowners, we are defined by mutuality and our vision to put customers first. It’s more than our company structure – it’s our way of life. We are a company of people protecting people. Our company exists because people are willing to share risk and resources, and rely on each other when it counts. At MassMutual, we Live Mutual.
Focus on the Customer: We understand our customers well and look for every opportunity to deliver an experience that is clear, easy, personal, human, empowering and trustworthy.
Act with Integrity: We deliver on our promises by being open, honest and humble and by adhering to the letter and spirit of applicable laws, rules, regulations and company policies.
Value People: We respect and learn from each other’s diverse backgrounds, experiences and ideas. We engage and develop people to their greatest potential.
Work Collaboratively: We work together to achieve results by actively listening, seeking, understanding and creating solutions as a unified team driving toward one company, one culture, one brand.
Achieve Results: We focus on winning by exceeding expectations and getting better – everyone, every day.
For more information, visit www.massmutual.com or find us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Google+, Instagram and Pinterest.