Job ID: MAR000302
Leica Microsystems Inc. is an internationally renowned manufacturer and distributor of scientific instrumentation. Leica prides itself on providing the most innovative solutions to our customers’ needs for measurement and analysis.
Leica offers competitive benefits including medical, dental, vision, prescription, long term care, life insurance, STD, LTD and 401 (k). See our website at www.leica-microsystems.com.
If you need assistance applying, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-800-248-0123.
Leica-Microsystems, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Title: Marketing Exhibits & Events AmericasCompany: Leica Microsystems Position location: Buffalo Grove, IL
GENERAL SUMMARY & OVERALL CHALLENGES The incumbent will manage the North American Selling Unit’s annual trade show schedules, exhibitions and events within the operating budget while achieving the objectives of insuring the display of a strong, consistent brand image and having first-rate organization at all exhibits attended.
Leica Microsystems Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Contract for appropriate booth space necessary for each show. This involves the signing of contracts, working with show management to secure the best and most appropriate area for Leica’s advantage.
- Responsible for the booth layout to assure a total look that casts Leica in the best possible light
- Total responsibility for the contracting of services, set-up ad dismantle of the booth, shipment of product, booth, graphics, hotel reservations and correspondence to all attendees and others involved in order to insure the most efficient and cost-effective plan for every show
- Responsible for the inventory of booth properties, accessories, upkeep and repair of booth, storage of booth in order to assure all properties are in working order.
- Responsible for the payment of all bills and the keeping of these records in order to insure timely reconciliation of invoices
- Work withgraphic designer and booth captain to develop graphics in order to create or re-use appropriate signage for each show.
- Execute the lead procedure at each show in order to quickly direct the leads to the appropriate person for follow-up and fulfillment
- Direct the shipments for each show. This involves interaction with the warehouse, booth captain and all individuals shipping equipment to the shows in order to insure the right products are at the right show
- Research and purchase any new booth accessories or properties needed in order to replace any broken or outdated properties
- Work with product management to establish the exhibit calendar each hear. Publish and distribute to all Leica personnel supporting or attending the shows in order to inform them of which shows they should plan to attend
REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS POSITIONProfessionalExperience
- Minimum 5years Exhibits Experience
Travel (requiredestimated % of time)
- 75% domestic travel
PERSONAL TRAIT PROFILE
- Excellent leadership and project management skills, including organizing, prioritizing and tracking all phases of a project.
- Demonstrates commercial acumen
- Proficiency in computer skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SAP, CRM systems)
- Excellent communication and written skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills (written and oral)
- Excellent time management
- Reports directly to Mgr. Marketing Communications
- Sales Executives
- Segment Market Managers
- Global eMarketing Mangers(s)
- Selling Unit (SU) Leaders
- Local Marketing Communications Team
- Venue Coordinators
- Transportation Companies