The EVP of Sales is a sales leader who builds, develops and inspires a high performing sales team that consistently achieves and exceeds sales quotas. As a member of the Executive Team, you will be responsible for achieving overall company booking goals. You will partner with Marketing, Strategic Partnerships and Practice leaders to lead our expansion from a regional focus to a national presence to achieve ambitious revenue growth objectives. The EVP of Sales will own both strategic and tactical sales initiatives while actively supporting sales reps in developing and closing sales pursuits. CCG primarily operates in the SE and is seeking a sales leader whose ambition and drive match our vision of expanding to become the most respected, high-growth provider of data and analytics in the US.
Sales Performance Management
- Participate in annual and quarterly strategic planning; develop and implement annual and quarterly sales plans to achieve bookings goals and revenue targets.
- Achieve bookings targets by driving daily sales activity across all CCG service and solution offerings covering multiple industries. Run weekly sales team meetings to arm team with the knowledge and skills needed to be successful.
- Manage team and individual performance. Anticipate conflicts and coach direct reports to achieve successful outcomes.
- Participate in sales calls with team to provide coaching and help create early-stage opportunities through converting opportunities to closed wins.
- Analyze all aspects of sales data and rep productivity data to provide actionable recommendations.
- Design and implement initiatives/programs to improve sales execution and effectiveness.
- Define initial and ongoing sales performance measures, metrics and KPIs used to determine the success of the Sales team.
- Manage the Quarterly Business Review process to ensure high levels of collaboration within sales and between sales and other departments like Product, Marketing, Customer Success, and Strategic Partnerships for growth in existing accounts.
- Facilitate forecast calls (related to next 30 days/quarter of opportunities) and Pipeline calls (beyond next 30 days/quarter of sales opportunities).
- Proactively identify risks to meeting the revenue plan goals, defining mitigation actions, and ensuring mitigations are executed when necessary.
- Collaborate with marketing leadership to establish targets for sales qualified leads to ensure bookings targets can be achieved.
- Manage and validate early-stage opportunities to ensure sales team is always generating enough pipeline to meet or exceed team quota.
- Ensure SFDC hygiene and verify all opportunity information is current, complete and accurate.
- Optimize sales processes to drive consistency across the sales organization.Identify and resolve process bottlenecks and inconsistencies.
- Recruit and hire outstanding sales talent who will be the best fit for the industry and region they will cover.
- Coach new hires through the sales onboarding process, assign mentors to new hires, and establish and coach to a development plan that will achieve success.
- Promote a team mindset and commitment to achieving team success marked by in-person/in-office interaction, teaming, mentoring and a strong affiliation to and sense of pride about CCG.
- Create a high performing team by training, coaching and developing sales executives in all aspects of their role; motivate by supporting individual/team learning and growth; recognize and reward performance by celebrating wins.
- Coordinate with Strategic Partnerships team to build local and industry-specific ecosystems, including partnerships with bankers, CPAs, law firms, etc. to drive local brand recognition and thought leadership.
- Partner with Product and Services Delivery teams to identify and organize the resource mix best positioned to deliver value to each sales pursuit and maximize close rates.
- Partner with Marketing team on campaigns and events to drive activity and pipeline development.
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree required; MBA is a plus.
- Proven experience building & scaling highly-successful sales organizations
- Minimum 6 years' sales management experience required, preferably with more than one company
- Minimum 5 prior years' experience as an individual sales rep
- Proven success in hiring, coaching and developing a geographically distributed sales team.
- Experience selling technology consulting services and/or products preferred; Data and Analytics services and solutions is a plus.
- Strong negotiation and closing skills.
- Experience translating technical sales into business value.
- Strong motivational skills and desire to grow skill levels in teams through mentorship.
- Professional sales training with methodologies like Miller Heiman, Challenger or other.
- Multiple years' experience with demonstrable success in a small/medium company (500 or less employees)
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills.
- Proven ability to influence C-level executives and help direct reports drive new client business.
- Strong customer focus: keen understanding of acquisition, deal lifecycle, retention, and customer experience.
- Sales skills - Fearless, results-oriented prospecting, qualification, verbal presentation, negotiation and closing.
- Excellent contacts/network in our key industries or regions.
- Attention to detail, excellent organizational skills, superior time management skills and ability to work with minimal supervision are essential.