POSITION SUMMARY The Sporting Kansas City Executive Vice President of Marketing provides leadership and clear direction to associates on the Marketing Team, as well as implements strategy to ensure the team hits and exceeds its annual business plan, ultimately maximizing revenue for the organization.
- Serve as the executive lead of the Marketing Team, inclusive of branding, marketing, advertising, and creative, broadcast, and game presentation.
- Lead all marketing efforts and brand stewarding for Sporting Kansas City and Children’s Mercy Park.
- Oversee creative development and marketing efforts.
- Lead the development and execution of various marketing campaigns.
- Oversee the development and production of all creative materials.
- Oversee the development and execution of social media, digital and web-based marketing strategies.
- Oversee all aspects of the broadcast team, including talent, graphics package, media, and production.
- Oversee all aspects of game presentation, including videos, graphics, music, and overall run of show.
- Ensure proper usage of the Sporting Kansas City brand and marks to ensure the club and organization is represented in a proper, positive manner.
- Act as the primary marketing liaison for corporate partners, communicating regularly to share the club’s marketing plans, as well as assisting them with activation.
- Assist Executive Leadership with pitches to high-level prospects for future partnerships, as necessary.
- Responsible for the management and expenditure of funds and budgets for the Marketing Team.
- Serve as the main point of contact with Major League Soccer for all marketing and content needs.
- Represent Sporting Kansas City and its related affiliates in a professional manner at all times.
- Perform other related tasks as assigned.
- Strong organizational, communications and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to organize work effectively, conceptualize and prioritize objectives and exercise independent judgment based on an understanding of organizational policies and activities.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- High stamina and the ability to handle pressure.
- Exceptional time management.
- Remarkable leadership and collaboration skills.
- Possess a confident, tact and persuasive manner with strong networking and negotiation skills
- Strategic thinking ability.
- Creative, artistic mindset while striving for perfection.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Journalism, Communications, Business or other related field required.
- Minimum of five (5) years of marketing experience, including progressing leadership roles.
- Prior experience working in the sports industry preferred.
- Demonstrated successful experience in brand strategy, marketing, advertising, copywriting, design and client services.
- Strong understanding of marketing strategy and principles of art direction.
- Proficient in the Adobe Creative Suite, including, but not limited to, InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Calendar.