MP Materials is seeking an Executive Vice President of Human Resources, who will provide executive-level leadership and guidance to the organizations Human Resources department. The Executive Vice President is responsible for setting, enforcing, and evaluating legally compliant human resources policies, procedures and best practices and identifying and implementing long-range strategic talent management goals. This includes succession planning, talent management, change management, organizational and performance management, training and development, organizational design, benefits, compensation and pay practices.
- Recruits, interviews, hires, and trains management-level Human Resources Staff.
- Oversees the daily workflow of the Human Resources department.
- Provides constructive and timely performance evaluations.
- Handles discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy.
- Functions as a strategic business advisor to the executive/senior management team
- regarding key organizational and management issues.
- Collaborates with executive leadership to define the Company’s Mission and goals;
- and identifies ways to support this Mission through talent management and other efforts.
- Identifies key performance indicators for the Company’s human resources and
- talent management functions and assesses the Company’s success and market competitiveness.
- Researches, develops, and implements competitive compensation, benefits, performance
- appraisal and employee incentive programs.
- Provides guidance and leadership to the human resources team; assists with resolution
- of human resources, compensation and pay practices, benefits, questions, concerns and issues.
- Ensures compliance with employment, benefits, insurance and other employment laws, regulations, and requirements.
- Maintains knowledge of laws, regulations, and best practices in employment law,
- human resources and talent management.
- Drafts and implements the budget for the Human Resources department.
- Decides and acts upon initiatives for equal opportunity and diversity.
- Analyzes the effectiveness of human resources operations and policies regularly
- and identifying opportunities for advancement of Company’s human capital strategies.
- Continually strives to improve all human resources processes and programs and identify and
- implement new ones.
- Brings new and innovative ideas, policy changes, and new programs that will enhance
- the organizational culture and the employee experience.
- Other duties as assigned.
- The ideal candidate for this position will be a human resources executive with success in
- strategically and tactically implementing best-in-class programs and initiatives.
- He/she will have acquired all or part of his/her experience in large scale corporate environments known
- for human resources innovation, as well as a commitment to best
- practices in the human resource function.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- An excellent connector who collaborates, problem solves and can help
- celebrate wins while learning from mistakes and always keeping the team in mind.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Organizational Development or related field required, Master’s degree highly preferred.
- At least 15+ years of human resources management experience required.