Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries.
Eaton is always on, delivering the innovative solutions and technologies our customers need to manage power, conserve resources and work more productively, safely and sustainably. Our integrated, diversified business strategy enables the company to outperform our industry segments as we continue to expand Eaton’s presence in growing markets across the globe.
Eaton's transformation as a power management company shows that it’s not afraid of making tough decisions to change the game. The company aligned its organizational structure into two main business sectors to best serve the end markets. These sectors are comprised of the Electrical Sector, with 2016 sales of $12.6 billion, and the Industrial Sector which includes three business groups: Aerospace, Hydraulics and Vehicle (Truck & Automotive) with 2016 sales of $7.1 billion.
Eaton’s fundamental purpose is to operate profitably, to provide an attractive return for those who have invested in us and to increase shareholder value. Throughout its long history, the company has come to understand that its ability to achieve its business goals depends on their adherence to core values:
· Customer Orientation- We make our customers the focus of everything we do.
· People- We recognize our people as our most valuable resource.
· Trust- We have confidence in the reliability of others to do the right thing.
· Respect- We treat each other with respect and consideration.
· Dignity- We honor the pride and self-esteem of others.
· Integrity- We are honest and ethical.
The corporation has also recently received numerous accolades including being ranked by Ethisphere Magazine as one of the world’s most ethical companies for the eighth consecutive year.
Eaton has received widespread recognition for responsible business practices, including:
· Being ranked number 43 out of 500 companies by Newsweek magazine on the first-ever “The Greenest Big Companies in
· Receiving recognition as one of the “100 Best Corporate Citizens” by Corporate Responsibility Officer (CRO) magazine for the
sixth consecutive year.
· Being recognized with a “Most Committed Multi-National Award” for social responsibility in China by Foreign Investment in
· Being ranked first on the list of “Top Innovators” on the “Information Week 100” list by Information Week in Brazil, and being
named among the “Top Innovators” on the “Information Week 500” list by Information Week in the United States.
· The company is also listed in Thomsen Reuters Global Innovators 2011-2013- Honoring the World’s Leaders in Innovation.
Reporting to the Manager, Executive Talent Acquisition, this position will be responsible for the sourcing, attracting and acquiring of exceptional & diverse emerging leadership talent across Eaton. He/she will focus on working with internal clients and human resource managers to define executive hiring needs as well as develop and implement cost effective, results oriented recruitment strategies that yield excellent hires throughout the organization. The Executive Talent Acquisition Consultant will drive all search activities i.e., determination of sourcing methodology & tools, proactive recruiting, pre-screening of candidates, reporting, structure of interviews, and ensure that the correct diversity focus is maintained.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Support and manage a full slate of executive/emerging leadership recruiting projects (full life cycle)
- Creatively and proactively source, screen and present high quality leadership candidates
- Develop appropriate and consistent communications with internal clients and senior human
resource partners to ensure a positive client and candidate experience
- Provide strategic direction and counsel to hiring executives and senior human resources
managers regarding recruiting trends, concerns and possibilities for opportunistic hiring
- Negotiate complex offer packages consisting of both short-term and long -term items
- Market Eaton as an "Employer of Choice"
- Prepare and present attractive recruitment messages and materials appropriate to executive
- Ensure the presentation of high quality leadership candidates in accordance with diversity and EEO goals and objectives for both internal and external searches
- Manage and conduct thorough reference and background checks on final candidates
- Effectively utilize comprehensive knowledge of company benefits, general compensation
strategies, affirmative action program awareness and recruiting sales techniques
- Develop and maintain a robust network of internal and external relationships
The Executive Talent Acquisition Consultant will be passionate, results oriented with a minimum of 5 years of broad and diversified, full life cycle professional / executive level recruiting experience. The successful incumbent will possess a continuous improvement mindset and enjoy working in a team driven environment. He/she will have a high level of curiosity and will be a seeker of information committed to ongoing learning. He/she will also possess a strategic mindset, having the ability to anticipate and plan for multiple outcomes.
Additional characteristics of the candidate include:
- Strong client facing capabilities- personable with consultative sales and persuasion skills
for reasoning and negotiations.
- Fully knowledgeable of executive recruiting techniques, recruitment plan development,
sourcing methods (executive referrals, research, direct sourcing and internet search.
- Operates with a high sense of urgency and embraces being accessible to clients, candidates and business partners
- Consultative and adaptable leadership style
- Experience in recruiting professionals within the industrial or manufacturing industry
preferred but not required
- Excellent negotiation and sales skills
- Excellent relationship management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills
Furthermore, the ideal candidate will demonstrate and embrace the following leadership attributes:
Passionate - We care deeply about what we do. We set high expectations and we perform.
Accountable - We seek responsibility and take ownership. We do what we say.
Efficient - We value speed and simplicity.
Transparent - We say what we think. We make it okay to disagree.
Learner - We are curious, adaptable and willing to teach what we know.
Ethical - We play by the rules and act with integrity. We are proud of our actions.