The Executive Sales Specialist will promote approved products in the Neuroscience Franchise to prescribing HCPs in assigned territory They will be responsible for developing and maintaining strong working relationships with target HCPs. They must also deliver MLR approved, education-focused messages, as well as the therapeutic area disease-state information to target HCPs.
Business Planning & Execution
- Enhance HCP awareness of Shire products clinical data, safety & efficacy
- Equip HCPs with appropriate tools to facilitate a robust conversation, enabling them to teach their patients about the assigned therapeutic area
Build HCP knowledge and confidence in identifying treatment gaps in all domains
- Increase awareness of assigned therapeutics area, and help HCP identify treatment gaps in diagnosed patients
Expected to achieve call activity and adherence targets; as well as financial goals for assigned territory
Builds and Leverages Relationships
- Partner withinternal and external stakeholders to share knowledge and influence outcomes
- Creates networks with customers and colleagues in own area of expertise
Demonstrates Business Acumen
- Leverage critical data and build business plans to drive performance
- Collaborates with manager to create territory plan; has general knowledge of industry practices and how it affects impacted customers at Shire; influences HCPs
Applies Selling Skills
- Articulate a customized customer value proposition and influence key decision makers
- Uses the current selling model- exercises judgment within defined procedures.
Drives Results and Execution
- Set challenging objectives and raise the bar on performance to achieve results
- Seeks guidance and mentorship – works under very general supervision.
Supporting the Regulatory Environment
- Ensuring business is conducted within appropriate
Complexity and Problem Solving
Adjusts approach as appropriate and within compliance and MLR guidelines; consult with Regional Leader or Director, on more complex issues.
- Understands and navigates complete customer and industry environments
Internal and External Contacts
Collaborates with all direct and indirect leadership on sales and marketing initiatives
- Collaborates with other field based colleagues and field sales trainers.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degreerequired, preferably in a scientific field
- 4years of pharmaceutical sales experience or equivalent are required
- 4years of specialty pharmaceutical experience or equivalent required, preferably in the Neuroscience field
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of healthcare institutions and commercial managed care; experience selling within healthcare institutions preferred
Continuous market based travelrequired.
Req ID: R0021017