executive researcher, Global Talent Acquisition
Role Summary & Missio
The Executive Talent Acquisition team recruits exceptional global leaders who drive Starbucks’ business growth by being trusted consultants and brand champions who challenge the status quo. Our team seeks an experienced researcher to help fuel global executive-level (VP+) recruitment capabilities for both existing and future needs.
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Builds and maintains a competitive intelligence database, qualifying and extracting information from multiple data sources, to provide candidate target lists for focused recruitment.
- Develops and executes candidate generation strategies. Utilizes industry-leading tools, practices and expertise to identify and manage diverse talent pools.
- Leads development and execution of sourcing strategies to identify talent and/or passive candidate pools to meet short and long-term business staffing forecasts.
- Produces new search methodologies and tools, analyzes their value to recruiting efforts and recommends strategies and tactics for strategic candidate generation and cultivation.
- Applies an in-depth understanding of company and competitive intelligence, organizational structures and compensation practices to drive effective talent engagement and acquisition.
- Develop title and organizational mapping of target companies to facilitate identification of qualified prospective candidates.
- Manages all phases of research projects including internal consulting, developing a project plan, providing research expertise and working with executive recruiters/account managers to develop executive summaries of results.
- Analyzes trends in the global business, economy and employment marketplace to identify issues and opportunities to enhance recruitment strategies.
- Builds relationships with organizations, leverages capital intelligence, employment branding and other sourcing venues to build diverse, international sourcing capabilities
- Identifies, develops and manages research vendors and conducts original research to create effective and targeted research to develop talent prospects.
- Negotiates contracts, updates service level agreements, monitors and guides vendor performance.
- Cultivates and sustains effective working relationships with the executive and management teams.
- Develops and analyzes measurements to ensure recruitment effectiveness.
- Advocates operational excellence. Identifies and leads functional continuous improvement projects.
- Manages sensitive information and exercises acute discretion always.
Required Experience, Skills and Abilities
- 5+ years of combined research and recruiting experience. Preferably in large corporate or agency environments with direct access to VPs and other Executives.
- 5+ years’ experience with various sourcing tools and strategies, complex Applicant Tracking Systems and a history of making data driven decisions in either corporate or agency environments. Preferable sourcing expertise for talent in Technology.
- Creative and strategic problem-solving skills to flex between strategy to tactics
- Ability to take calculated risks
- Thought leadership and innovative