Executive Recruiter, Sales Consultant
Less than 5 years experience • Staffing & Recruiting
The below outlines foundational responsibilities, accountabilities, requirements and environmental details for the role of Executive Search Consultant. Additional responsibilities, accountabilities and requirements may be required for the roles of Senior Executive Search Consultants, Senior Partners and Executive Senior Partners roles.
Lucas Group Sales Consultants are inside sales professionals specializing in the full management lifecycle of outsourced talent acquisition, including effective business development to identify and obtain new job orders with hiring companies; skillful candidate sourcing to find, qualify and successfully present candidates; and proficient professional network-building and productive relationship management to win new deals, repeat business and additional sales opportunities.
Employment services is a $117 billion U.S. industry, and favorable economic factors and long-term tailwinds position the segment for consistent, continued growth. Accelerating Baby Boomer retirements (10, each day) and the rapid influx of Millennials into business (50% of the workforce by 2020) combine to create a dynamic shift in the make-up of U.S. companies. In addition, rebounding unemployment and GDP, increasing corporate strategies to outsource employment services and an unchecked demand for qualified professionals compound the need for companies of all sizes and industries to seek skilled talent acquisition services. Lucas Group is an executive recruiting firm serving SMB, mid-tier and Fortune 500 companies via 14 offices and 7 functional practice groups. From entry-level to expert, we hire, train and develop the recruitment industry’s most successful inside sales consultants.
Business Development Responsibilities:
• Make direct, proactive contact with desired corporate prospects at various organizational levels (C-suite to manager) via phone to initiate and cultivate new clients through inside sales best practices
• Identify, pursue and secure job orders for placements within designated functions with local focus and national reach
• Manage pipeline of original client companies, contacts and partnerships
• Actively conduct, produce and report upon business development (client) research, utilizing social media, online networking, digital tools, CRM, phone, email, digital communications and other research/communication resources
• Serve as sales consultant and business partner, facilitating clients’ short, mid and long-term goals, including assisting in needs assessment, documentation and planning, recruitment and hiring objectives, candidate requirements, job specifications and descriptions, interview prep, negotiations, and follow-up
• Source, qualify, present and negotiate hire for qualified, “great-fit” candidates, according to job order
• Generate and sustain effective retention program and additional sales opportunities
• Ensure proper client documentation and regulatory guidelines are adhered to throughout the process
Candidate Development Responsibilities:
• Make direct, proactive sourcing contact via phone with desired candidate prospects in competitive/applicable organizations through inside sales best practices
• Manage pipeline network – via candidate profiles pursuant to standard procedures – of highly qualified, hirable candidates
• Actively conduct, produce and report upon candidate development research, utilizing social media, online networking, digital tools, CRM, phone, email, digital communications, and other research/communication resources
• Utilize research, phone, pipeline and CRM to identify and persuasively present candidates for job orders
• Manage candidate lifecycle, serving as sales consultant via consistent communication and relationship management, from sourcing through interviewing, negotiation, resignation, onboarding and follow-up
• Generate and sustain effective “flipping the call” activities; creating clients from candidates
Sales Consultant General Position Responsibilities:
• Actively attend and participate in all Lucas Group onboarding and training programs, from entry-level to advanced development courses
• Utilize CRM systems and follow company inside sales processes with consistency, thoroughness and accuracy
• Develop, produce and complete job orders, per company procedures, based on identified client needs
• Refer all searches/candidates outside your functional/geographical specialty to appropriate division/branch or release the search/candidate per company policy
• Work progressively and collaboratively with colleagues to partner clients and candidates; examples include cross-selling and military conferences
• Engage with external audiences via approved branding, messaging and campaigns
• Conscientious: Possessing the “it” factor of efficiency, neatness, organization and being systematic in actions – At Lucas Group, we adhere to an unbending commitment to excellence and are diligent and relentless in our actions.
• Compelling: Generates strong interest, capable of holding attention and proficient at persuading others to act/believe as you present – At Lucas Group, we display empathy, appreciation and an enthusiasm that draws others to us.
• Communicator: Demonstrates effective, clear and consistent oral, written and in-person communications skills – At Lucas Group, we listen, we learn, we write and we speak with purpose and professionalism.
• Confident: Recognized blend of feeling and demonstrating self-assuredness – At Lucas Group, we pick up the phone, fearlessly call, sway others to act and drive desired results with poise and conviction.
• Competitive: Strives to deliver winning performances and is resilient during setback – At Lucas Group, we work to win, rebound when we lose and thrive on healthy competition.
• Connector: Enjoys and is skilled at establishing and cultivating reciprocal relationships – At Lucas Group, we take pride in our position of “catalyst” and our central role as the bridge between clients and candidates.
• Coachable: Genuine willingness to be taught and to act upon that guidance – At Lucas Group, we are prepared to handle missteps while being motivated to learn and do better.
• Community: Exhibits desire and drive for something bigger than one’s self – At Lucas Group, we share a purpose and we identify ourselves as working individually and together toward a common goal.
Preferred Business Skills:
• Planning & Goal Setting: Distinguish, define and measure against short-term, mid-term and long-term goals – At Lucas Group, we plan our work and work our plan.
• Organization & Tracking: Employ time blocking, multi-tasking and activity management to utilize resources effectively, eliminate roadblocks and produce results – At Lucas Group, we anticipate, embrace and thrive in an ever-changing and fast-paced business environment.
• Entrepreneurial Know-How: Self-motivated, energetic and tenacious in achieving results – At Lucas Group, we are CEOs of our own “mini businesses” and we invest in ourselves.
• Resourcefulness & Creativity: Committed to life-long learning, skills development and a willingness to seek out and try new opportunities – At Lucas Group, we never stop learning; and for us, challenges are simply opportunities for inspiration and improvement.
Minimum Sales Consultant Requirements:
• Executive Search Sales Consultant: Entry-level inside sales opportunity
• Senior Executive Search Sales Consultant: Minimum 12 months experience in staffing, sales or search industry in the last 3 years
• Senior Partner: Minimum 12 months experience in staffing, sales or search industry in the last 3 years - Verifiable Billings/Gross Margin Dollars for an annual production of $265, in the previous four quarters
• Engaged in social media and online networking
• Proficient in MS Office and other standard business technologies
• Demonstrative, effective online research capabilities