Teradata empowers companies to achieve high-impact business outcomes through analytics. With a powerful combination of Industry expertise and leading hybrid cloud technologies for data warehousing and big data analytics, Teradata unleashes the potential of great companies. Partnering with top companies around the world, Teradata helps improve customer experience, mitigate risk, drive product innovation, achieve operational excellence, transform finance, and optimize assets. Teradata is recognized by media and industry analysts as a future-focused company for its technological excellence, sustainability, ethics, and business value.
The Teradata culture isn’t just about one kind of person. So many individuals make up who we are, making us that much more unique. It’s what sets apart the dynamic, diverse and collaborative environment that is Teradata. But even as individuals, there’s one thing that we all share —our united goal of making Teradata and our people the best we can be.
Executive Program Manager for Intellicloud On Prem as-a-Service
Teradata is the leading cloud-based data and analytics company. We empower companies to achieve high-impact business outcomes. Our focus on business solutions for analytics, coupled with our industry-leading technology and architecture expertise, can unleash the potential of great companies.
Our IntelliCloud On-Prem as-a-Service Offer provides customers a highly-secure cloud solution built on the best-in-class Teradata Database and includes on-boarding, system administration, monitoring, encryption and daily backups. IntelliCloud is delivered "as a service" - we handle the technology so our customers can focus on delivering business outcomes. Our On-Prem option provides the customer the convenience of purchasing a Teradata platform-as-a-Service within the secure confines of their own data center - a fully-managed private cloud.
The IntelliCloud On-Prem Executive Program Manager (IC EPM) is a high-impact position that will drive the successful delivery and evolution of Teradata’s Intellicloud On-Prem as-a-service Offer.
The IC EPM will be a cloud subject-matter expert who will drive the delivery of this offer for key customer installations. He/she will facilitate program governance processes to ensure we properly plan, sell, and execute high-impact engagements that result in highly-satisfied customers. The IC EPM ensures management has proactive visibility to key aspects of the project that could have a significant impact on a customer’s success and/or Teradata results. The IC EPM may be aligned to a specific customer(s) and will provide regular updates to senior-level management across a wide range of disciplines including IntelliCloud Engineering, Managed Services, Think Big Analytics, and our Strategic Offer Management team. He/she will ensure proper resourcing and adherence to the project plan timeline.
Prerequisites and Skillsets:
- 5+ Years of Cloud Experience
- 10+ Years of Program Management on large, complex projects
- 5+ Years leading teams, managing cross-functional teams composed of vendor and client personnel
- Customer Oriented: Works to anticipate internal/external client needs and has an overriding commitment to customer satisfaction.
- Results Oriented: displays sense-of-urgency and ability to function in a dynamic environment
- Collaborative: Works well within a project team environment where results will be based on cooperation with and/or influence of others.
- Ability to communicate with C-Level executives at customer and internally
- Delivery experience using agile and DevOps methodologies
- Experience with analytics/data warehouse implementations
- Experience with contract development, negotiation, and P&L Management for multi-million-dollar engagements
Preferred Professional Certifications:
- Certifications on key public cloud vendors
- ITIL or DevOps Certifications
- Product Management Certification, such as PMI/PMP
Major Responsibilities and Tasks
Manage Customer Engagement(s)
- Ensure successful deployment of Intellicloud On-Prem
- Ensure overall Customer Satisfaction for key engagement(s)
- Assist account team with contract negotiation process and all change orders
- Administer contract with the customer
- Manage proper customer expectations and ensure expectations are met/exceeded
- Establish regular communication with the customer
- Maintain/expand the customer relationship
Manage Project Plan(s)
- Reviews goals and objectives
- Produce project documentation in conjunction with assigned Project Managers and the broader working team
- Validate customer(s) requirements
- Validate resource requirements and verify based on personal experience
- Identify project risks (i.e., Legal, Resources, Technical, Schedule, Financial)
Manage Project Financials
- Review Delivery Costs based on project schedule and resource allocation
- Ensure delivery meets or exceeds GM objectives set for the project
- Identify any potential overruns and manage to improve delivery efficiency
Manage cross-function team
- Communicates project status
- Obtains sign-off/authority
- Develops contingency/mitigation strategy
- Performs project status reviews
Manage physical implementation of project
- Monitors/controls project
- Manages cost/schedule/resource variances
- Ensures test/acceptance process is complete
- Conducts final project team review/critique
Manage Ongoing Operations
- Works with Service Experience Manager (SEM) and operations teams to ensure ongoing operations are delivered to the customer and all SLAs are met