Location: New York, NY
SiriusXM is currently looking for an Executive Producer to manage staff and work with high profile talent across our talk and music programming channels. The Executive Producer is the primary day-to-day creative working alongside content and production teams to create robust, video programming from the radio show and extensive digital video archives. Under the guidance of the VP, Video Production and Programming he or she will focus on producing and executing the programming strategy that is offered to consumers for distribution on the SiriusXM app, digital properties, partner sites and social platforms.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Informs all creative workflow and daily assignments for the video editorial/production and post production staffs.
- Oversees all video content and production staff.
- Responsible for approvals/final stage sign off.
- Ensures on-time delivery and distribution of content to designated digital, and social platforms.
- Oversees script writing, camera direction, music composition, graphic look, set design, lighting design and how all these elements help to effectively communicate the message and emotion of the characters and the stories we are presenting, on a variety of platforms including linear, digital video and social.
- Educates junior producers on all aspects of SiriusXM video production and storytelling.
- Coordinates with VP Video Programming & Production on content strategy throughout the year.
- Oversees all original content including multi-cam live studio shows music performances and special events.
- Script-edits all scripts for all shows.
- Develops storytelling and narrative arcs for archive, curated, live stream, unscripted and scripted originals.
- Regular review of what the audience is watching, how and when they engage and how to pivot-creatively-quickly when necessary.
- Supervises all video producers, production and post-production staff and day-to-day creative lead for all video programming on channel.
- Manages multiple multi-cam radio programs, performances, interviews, and special events.
- Manages post-production archive team.
- Keep team on time and budget across the board.
- 6+ years as a television producer (Sr. Producer or higher) with 2-3 years of experience in digital video.
- BA in TV/Film/Broadcasting or production, or equivalent experience.
Requirements and General Skills:
- Understands the nuances and parameters of how to present stories differently on different platforms.
- Has a grasp on the big picture for the company as well as how individual channels, brands, characters, franchises, and various programs entertain the audience and move the product and creative vision forward.
- Has a general understanding of how to deliver high quality/cost-effective/engaging programming in digital (app, web, social)
- Possess a strong editorial eye for developing creative and strategic video programming.
- Ability to effective manage, lead and influence to meet content objectives of all stakeholders.
- Comedic timing with a finger on the pulse of current events.
- Strong program and project management skills.
- Ability to work independently and within a team.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; ability to interact and work with individuals at all levels.
- Ability to meet deadlines and multi-task within a fast-paced and rapidly changing work environment; effectively manages stress and emotions under pressure.
- Prior experience working with high profile talent and celebrities.
- Highest level of responsibility securing appropriate approvals and vetting content for rights prior to broadcast.
- Entrepreneurial spirit; excited about the future of digital content and next generation video services.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- Adobe Premiere Pro.
- Multi-cam studio production.
- Knowledge of emerging camera technology (360/VR/AR).
- Proficient with Google Drive (and related Office Suite, docs, sheets, etc).
- Illustrator and Photoshop a plus.
- Thorough knowledge of MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).