Executive Medical Director - System Hospitalist
Executive Medical Director - System Hospitalist - Orlando
at Adventist Health System
Date Posted:9/19/2017ApplyNot ready toApply?
Job: Administrative / Business Support
Organization: Florida Hospital
Job Posting: Sep 18, 2017, 3:11:39 PM
Our Mission is to extend the healing ministry of Christ. PRIMARY CUSTOMERS, PARTNERS, AND TEAM: At Florida Hospital, our primary customers are patients and families. Our partners are physicians and our team members are all employees of Florida Hospital. GENERAL SUMMARY: The Executive Medical Director for Hospital Medicine will be responsible for working with each Florida Hospital inpatient facility to develop and oversee high performing hospitalist models and functions. This position requires strong leadership from an executive capable of engaging strategically with physicians, clinicians, corporate and hospital executives to build effective relationships and clinical processes. The Executive Medical Director for Hospital Medicine is knowledgeable and experienced in the areas of hospital medicine practice, hospitalist group leadership and working proactively with hospital executive leadership. This individual will provide strong peer leadership for hospitalist groups and has the ability and skill to help create a culture that seeks a closer alignment and shared responsibilities for each hospital’s Hospital Medicine program. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all. KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED: • Strong organization skills• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills• Effective oral and written communication skills, with the ability to articulate complex information in understandable terms to all levels of staff• Effective computer skills, particularly Microsoft Office Suite• Ability to work in a matrix-management environment to achieve organizational goals
- • Ability to broaden and strengthen hospital medicine’s relationships with members of multidisciplinary care teams.
- • Effective leadership skills to lead in the development of integrated healthcare models that create physician alignment and seek to promote patient centered/quality care.
- • Strong presentation skills with the ability to engage others.
- • Ability to captivate and engage others in the development of performance improvement initiatives for Florida Hospital.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS PREFERRED:
- • N/A
- • Graduate of medical school with Doctor of Medicine (MD) or a Doctor of Osteopathy (DO)
- • N/A
- • Minimum of seven (7) years’ clinical experiencein a hospitalist program senior leadership role
- • Minimum of ten (10) years’ clinical experience in a hospitalist program
EXPERIENCE PREFERRED: • N/A LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED: • Current license to practice medicine
- • Current, active Board Specialization by an American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS) recognized Board
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
- • Ability to achieve Florida Hospital Medical Staff appointment
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES: Demonstrates, through behavior, Florida Hospital’s core values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship, and Teamwork
- • Provides clinical direction to the hospitalists at the acute care facilities throughout the Central Florida Region. Collaborates with the SEOs of Acute Care Services, Integrated Health Services and Clinical and individual hospitalists to develop and oversee high performing hospitalist models and functions.
- • Develops and builds relationships with Acute Care Services and Integrated Health Services business units to provide Affordable, Connected, Executional care to consumers across the continuum of care.
- • Provides direction and senior physician leadership to help assure patients under the care of Florida Hospital hospitalists receive excellence in clinical outcomes, care continuity, patient experience, transitions of care, value, reliability, safety and that their care is expertly documented.
- • Educate hospitalist providers in 'value based' health care and achieve national benchmarks.
- • Develops models that are cost effective, conform to national benchmarks and achieve budgetary goals for the hospitalist program and Florida Hospital acute care hospitals within the Central Florida Region.
- • Recognizes that an acute inpatient hospital stay is just one event in patient’s health care and coordinate/implement a strategy of population health to help ensure that FH meets national benchmarks of care in population health management.
- • Coordinates on-going efforts as directed by senior leadership to implement present and future initiatives within our hospitalist community in a standardized method across the health system.
- • Evaluates individual hospital medicine programs and work with institutional leaders to develop and implement a plan to transform programs and achieve the goal of providing a 'next generation' system wide hospitalist program.
- • Leads the hospitalist programs in the continuing adoption of evidence based medicine by medical staff and the protocols that come with evidence based model approach.
- • Develop and implement real time use of standardized performance metrics across the FH system to ensure progress toward top quartile performance.
- • Serves on the hospitalist council and participates in other committees. Regularly attends all relevant medical staff meetings, administrative team meetings, and other meetings where appropriate.
- • Works with the medical staff of Integrated Health Services business unit on physician recruitment and retention strategies, deployment of physician team based care orientation, and disciplinary procedures to ensure Affordable, Connected, Exceptional care is provided to all consumers.
The above statements reflect the general duties and responsibilities necessary to describe the principal functions of the job, as identified, and shall not be considered an exhaustive list of job responsibilities which may be inherent in the job. Responsibilities are subject to change.