Executive Manager of Corporate Administration
11 - 15 years experience • Transportation Services
This position will be responsible to report, collaborate, and strategize with the key executives and senior management executive assistants, or appointed individuals of James J. Boyle & Co. and its parent company Hitachi Transport System (to be referred to as “Hitachi”), and any other related companies). Will be responsible for, but not limited to setting policies, procedures and direction received from JJB and its parent/related companies. Other key responsibilities will include, but not limited to the following:
- Act under the authority of JJB and Hitachi to coordinate and control any related standard activities.
- Facilitate most non-operational communications between JJB and Hitachi, including advice to JJB based on Hitachi’s purposes, corporate governance, compliance, audits, principles, proposals, projects and any other initiatives or planning of the organization.
- Stay current with Hitachi’s projects.
- Active engagement in certain activities of Hitachi and will be required at times to attend key meetings.
- Responsible for providing timely and detailed JJB responses back to Hitachi on relevant programs and projects.
- Support strategic partnerships by providing top quality advice, facilitate effective knowledge management, and provide technical assistance to project planning, coordination, monitoring and reporting in any collaboration.
- Review and evaluate account profitability, performance and KPI's and establish plans to address any budgetary or operational shortfalls that the respective branch managers or department heads are responsible for. Provide consolidated budgets and updates to executive management and its related companies.
- Plan and identify with key group members the appropriate resources (staffing, training, equipment, and systems) to ensure the delivery of quality services that meet and exceed the customer's expectations.
- Knowledge of the logistics and customs brokerage industry required.
- Ability to speak, read and write Japanese and English fluently .
- A minimum of (10) years of management experience in the logistics/Customs brokerage is required.
- Positive reviews from previous work experience and customers.
- Professional presentation / effective communication skills.
- Proven ability to maintain an excellent rapport with customers, related sister companies and team members.
- Understanding of and experience in financial management of a department, station or region (P & L, balance sheet, forecasting, and budgets) required.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Shall act upon the authority received from the executives of JJB.
- Is delegated the authority to provide regular updates to the Hitachi organization. To include JJB’s strategy, individual project status for projects of concern to Hitachi, and any new JJB initiatives and projects.
- Is authorized to represent JJB in any formal meetings called forth by JJB or Hitachi with the intention of providing accurate responses to the Hitachi organization.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $80,000.00 to $90,000.00 /year
- Management: 10 years