General Atomics is one of the world’s leading resources for high-technology systems development ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to remotely piloted aircraft, airborne sensors, and advanced electric, electronic, wireless and laser technologies.
We currently have an opening for an Executive Leader of Human Resources. In this role you will be responsible for the executive leadership of Human Resources for General Atomics (GA) affiliated companies, business groups, and corporate functions including Electromagnetic Systems, Energy, Diazyme, Cryotech, Accounting/Finance, Contracts/Purchasing, Facilities, ITS, Internal Audit, Legal, and HR (~4,000 employees and growing).
As a Director or Vice President you’ll be responsible for 17 direct and indirect reports and have matrix responsibility for HR Centers of Excellence including Talent Acquisition, Learning & Organizational Development, Total Rewards, and Compliance.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- In this leadership role, you will work on a self-initiated basis while managing a team of HR Managers, HR Business Partners, HR Representatives, HRIS Coordinators, and HR Assistants.
- Partnering with business leaders to gain an understanding of the business objectives, you will provide guidance and expertise in the day-to-day operations related to all areas of human resources and together with the HR leadership team and Centers of Excellence (Total Rewards, Learning & Organizational Development, and Talent Acquisition) execute HR programs and develop HR strategies to meet business needs for employee talent management.
- While focusing on developing collaborative relationships you will become a trusted advisor and valued business partner where you will take initiative to identify and anticipate business needs as well as consult on the development of current, annual and long-term objectives; effectively interface with leaders; communicate company policies and procedures; and influence decisions in support of company objectives.
- You will possess exceptional judgment with the ability to influence and persuade; have experience in resolving complex employee relations matters with excellent analytical and critical thinking skills and the ability to articulate and write in a clear and concise fashion; an engaging and proactive management style; and a positive collaborative attitude. In this position extended hours and occasional travel are expected.
- A bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related discipline is required as well as twenty or more years of progressive Human Resources professional experience with at least nine of those years managing Human Resources processes and personnel. Additional professional experience or formal training in Human Resources may be substituted in lieu of education.
- Must have extensive expertise in the application of Human Resource principles, concepts, theories, regulations, and practices and comprehensive project leadership skills including organizing, planning, scheduling, and coordinating projects to meet established deadlines or milestones.
- Must be customer focused and possess: (1) the ability to exercise a high degree of independent judgment in resolving highly complex management and technical Human Resource problems; (2) the ability to develop, interpret and implement policies and procedures; (3) the ability to serve as spokesperson on Human Resource projects and be technically knowledgeable in more than one area of Human Resources; (4) the ability to develop and administer budgets, schedules and performance standards; (5) strong communication, leadership, presentation, and interpersonal skills to enable an effective interface with all levels of management, professional and support staff, and external parties including government representatives on matters of significance to the company; and (6) knowledge of computer applications and operations pertinent to the field.
- Preference is for someone who is versed in several areas of HR rather than a specialist in one area.
- Must be able to work on a self-initiated basis and in a team environment, and able to work extended hours and travel as required.
Job ID#: 21692BR