This senior level sales position is accountable for management of Global/North American key accounts through development and execution of a strategic sales plan. This person will be responsible for the development of current and new opportunities within the account and managing the high-level relationship and business with the customer. This role consists of working collectively as part of the Executive Accounts team with PCT members and integrating PAT product lines and members. This will ensure consistent account management and services and delivered to the client. This person will be responsible for revenue and profit growth of ChampionX programs and services in targeted accounts within the Oil and Gas industries. You will be required to take a consultative sales approach with a primary emphasis on strong account leadership skills and retention of key ChampionX accounts. In addition, you must build long-term relationships with a large customer base by understanding their key business drivers, executing system assurance programs, and selling new technologies.
- Responsible for the development of new business within key projects and accounts in the customer’s assets that have done minimal business. Will drive key activities, including strategy planning and executive relationships.
- Develop strong relationships with key stakeholders in current and new customers, including plant or facility executives.
- Develop and execute sales plans for multiple accounts, within or outside of customer base.
- Provide technical support to customers; identifying and resolving customer complaints, escalating as required.
- Actively sell and support ChampionX innovations and technology in assigned customers to promote long-term business relationships with ChampionX.
- Works closely with ChampionX sales and marketing teams on communicating the customer strategy to the regional sales team and utilizing resources and penetration at the local level.
- Responsible for $10+ mm in sales
- Strong understanding of all product lines and applications.
- Engage in problem solving by performing system analysis, interpreting data and providing written recommendations to ensure customer operations are performing at optimal levels.
- Strong presentation skills covering both technical and commercial topics
- Develops and manages the execution of a strategic sales plan for targeted projects; leveraging all necessary resources within the organization.
- Responsible for the planning and development of a key account. Identifies the customer’s needs, business objectives and key strategies and maintain relationships for an assigned account.
- Attends assigned customer technical and financial meetings at the field and corporate level.
- Collaborate with other sales teams within ChampionX to develop new and existing sales processes.
- Display competency in leading internal teams and developing strategies for the business unit.
- Leverage knowledge and expertise to actively mentor younger representatives within District.
- Exhibit expert-level knowledge in all product areas.
- Build strong internal network, creating and maintaining relationships with support groups.
- Lead in a matrix structure by working closely with all product lines
- Leads, coaches and mentors less experience sales (pre-call plan, call objectives, Six Service Standards, role play and SWOT)
- Coach and influences others in best safety and environmental practices and procedures
- Leads the planning and implementation of new sales
- Participates and coaches in the New Sales Conference, and Strategic Sales Process
- Provides leadership in developing profit improvement projects for client and documenting value through CMV process
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- Required Bachelor’s degree in Engineering Required (Chemical, Mechanical, Industrial,)
- 7-10 years of successful experience in managing an account within the oil and gas industry
- Solid network within oil and gas, artificial lift a plus.
- Strong demonstrated business judgment with knowledge and experience in chemical selling processes
- Preferred sales or engineering experience with an artificial lift technology