The Executive General Adjuster will be responsible for inspecting, investigating and negotiating the company’s largest and most complex personal lines claims, generally in excess of $1,000,000. Work independently and remotely from your home! Our company also provides a company car, laptop computer, and other required equipment to ensure your success!
• Review coverage’s, inspects damages, determines cause and origin, investigates all questionable circumstances, and considers subrogation possibilities.
• Determines values on building losses, promptly and efficiently prepares comprehensive damage and repair estimates, determines accurate scopes of damage, settles claims on the basis of the determined scope and estimate.
• Provides exemplary customer service; providing comprehensive explanations of all facets of coverage and claim process to the insured.
• Be able to respond to claims in person within 48 hours of receipt by the company; traveling nationally as necessary.
• Be available for Catastrophe Duty as required and will perform as site operations leader for major Cats.
• Will serve as back-up for the property large loss director.
• Will engage in discussions around IBNR projections and reserve expectations for catastrophe events.
• Will work with legal counsel to develop strategic defenses and weigh the potential outcomes vs. early mediation/settlement.
• This position will also provide guidance to 3rd party property GL adjusters handling large structural exposures and expert mediation and litigation support for large property claims in suit.
• College degree or equivalent work experience is required.
• 10 years of experience and background in investigating and adjusting large property losses, handling losses in excess of $1,000,000 is preferred.
• Ability to travel by automobile and by air is required.
• Ability to lift 25 pounds or more is required.
• Advanced software estimating skills using Xactimate is required.
• Must possess and exhibit the highest standards for file documentation and quality.
• Must have strong insurance policy and coverage knowledge and ability to handle complex property claims.
• Must have valid driving license.
• Demonstrated interpersonal skills, customer services skills, communication skills (written and verbal) required.
• Strong investigative, analytical, problem solving, planning and organization and time management skills required.
• Strong presentation skills required.
• Must possess or attain state adjusting licenses for all states requiring licenses within 90 days of hire.
Our employees enjoy great benefits:
• Qualify for your choice of health and dental plans within your first month.
• Save for your future with robust 401(k) match, Health Spending Accounts and various retirement plans.
• Learn and Grow with our Tuition Assistance Program, paid certifications and continuing education programs.
• Contribute to your community through United Way and volunteer programs.
• Balance your life with generous paid time off and business casual dress.
• Protect what you love with discounts on home and auto insurance products.
• Get employee discounts for shopping, dining and travel through Kemper Perks.
Kemper at a glance
With $8 billion in assets, Kemper is one of the nation's leading insurers. The Kemper family of City life and health business. To effectively serve in this role, you will need to communicate with field offices, team members, and management. You must promote and follow department policies, regulatory requirements companies specializes in home, auto, life, health and valuables insurance products for individuals, families and businesses.
Kemper’s underwriting companies* are rated A- (Excellent) by A.M. Best Company, the leading insurance industry rating authority. Kemper services six million policies and ranks among the top 25 personal lines property and casualty writers and the 2016 Ward’s 50 Top Performers list of life insurance companies.
*Alliance United Insurance Company is not rated.
We value diversity and strive to be an employer of choice. An Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V