The Director of Facilities administers and directs the Property Management, Building Maintenance, Janitorial and Grounds Maintenance for the assigned account.
- Plans, organizes, and controls functions and activities of all support services under the scope of the contract.
- Develops, implements or guides implementation of new and/or modified property maintenance programs, services, policies and/or procedures.
- Meets with client administrative and supervisory staff, as well as community groups, agencies, contractors, architects, and engineers to plan, organize, coordinate, and/or communicate programs, services, policies and/or procedures.
- Train and manage facilities staff including, but not limited to, monitoring work performance, preparing and/or reviewing performance evaluations for assigned personnel and performing counseling and disciplinary responsibilities as required.
- Monitors flow and quality of work to assure timely completion of workload and adherence to the contractual Scope of Work, Service Level Agreements for each site, and Key Performance Indicators are met.
- Insures adequate inventory of supplies and approved requisitions for equipment and supplies as authorized.
- Prepare and manage budgets, including utilities management and energy management program.
- Manages and insures compliance with State, Provincial, or local regulatory and code requirements; insures compliance with federal and local work place safety regulations.
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent formal education) in Engineering, Property Management, or related fields
- A minimum of 10 years responsibility at a management level in areas of property management, engineering, or maintenance in Higher Education.
- Thorough knowledge of property management and building maintenance practices
- Ability to meet travel requirements; Ability to operate a variety of office equipment or vehicles.
- Must have proficiency in Computerized Maintenance Management Software, Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook. Proficiency in MS PowerPoint, MS Project, and visual graphics software is highly desirable.
- Experience with unionized environments.
- Familiar with BOMA, APPA, and ASHRAE standards/guidelines would be preferred.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, bend, and lift objects of up to 25 lbs.
- Work environment will be a combination of an office and the facilities being managed/supervised.
- Must have the ability to travel to and from various sites using standard forms of transportation.
OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Must have a valid driver's license and be able to provide state issued DMV record.
- Must be able to successfully complete a background check process.
Bachelors or better in Engineering or related field.