This individual must have superior communication skills; with the ability to easily cultivate key relationships and build rapport with a variety of individuals. A key objective is to expand the capacity of operational performance to educate and better serve the community by engaging individuals in the Y’s three areas of focus: healthy living, social responsibility and youth development. Be part of something BIGGER at the YMCA of Central Florida!
Along with a highly competitive pay structure, the YMCA of Central Florida provides exceptional benefits which include the following:
- Affordable and quality healthcare (medical, dental, vision options).
- Long Term Disability and Life Insurance provided at no cost to the employee.
- 12% Employer funded retirement plan after two years of service with immediate vesting and the ability to add additional earnings from first day of employment.
- YMCA membership for employee and household.
- Generous paid time off package.
- Exceptional career opportunities with one of the nation’s most valuable non-profit brands.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required; field of Business, Management preferred. Master’s degree a plus.
- Minimum 5 years of progressively responsible experience in operations management in health and wellness is essential, responsible for a related budget is required; YMCA operations management experience strongly preferred.
- Proven experience managing, recruiting and working with a volunteer board required; including leading a comparable fundraising campaign and working closely with major donors, key stakeholders and partners.
- Minimum 5 years of related experience executing successful programs in wellness, youth sports & aquatics; with proven trends in growth of revenue and membership participation.
- Minimum 5 years of proven related experience leading operations of comparable membership revenue; with positive trends year over year in membership acquisition and retention.
- Microsoft Office proficiency required; Oracle and Technogym experience a plus.
- Proven experience implementing innovative solutions for improving payroll management; resulting in a positive impact to the bottom line.
- Prior experience overseeing successful capital campaign preferred.
PREPARE & MANAGE THE BUDGET:
- Manage the Family Center’s operational budget to achieve a positive financial surplus, positive revenue growth and fully funded reserves.
BUILD & MANAGE A GREAT STAFF TEAM:
- Recruit, select, develop and retain appropriate skill depth level of department leads for the Family Center. Supervise department leadership and Family Center staff. Establish training and career succession plan for department leads.
- Provide leadership to Family Center staff through establishment of high performance goals and standards, regular assessment of staff performance including annual performance evaluations, and staff meetings.
GROW & RETAIN MEMBERSHIP:
- Direct Family Center Membership strategies and initiatives, resulting in positive growth of membership revenue and units.
- Guide positive growth in Family Center member retention through activity usage and participation in the core programs of Wellness, Aquatics, Sports, Family Programs, and Volunteers.
- Develop and implement quality programs and schedules to meet the needs of members. Encourage and listen to member feedback to improve program quality.
- Identify and employ best practices in systems and technology to support efficient and effective management of the Family Center.
FACILITY & RISK MANAGEMENT:
- Maximize facility and equipment usage during operating hours. Manage and maintain clean facilities, property, and equipment within the Family Center.
- Oversee the employee safety program and ensure that liability risk exposures are identified and resolved within the Family Center. Ensure all staff are current with required certifications.
BUILD STRONG RELATIONSHIP WITH THE COMMUNITY:
- Develop Family Center Annual Campaign and Scholarship initiatives to grow scholarship participants, revenue, donors, and volunteers.
- Promote the YMCA of Central Florida’s special events throughout the community and Family Center.
DEVELOP AND LEAD A VOLUNTEER BOARD:
- Collaborate with Board of Directors and volunteer committees to educate the community about the work of the YMCA of Central Florida and its mission.
- Engage, recruit and develop key community leaders for the Board of Directors. Maintain contacts with political, business, and civic leaders, as well as community groups and schools to develop a solid volunteer structure.
- Provide leadership and understanding of the mission of the YMCA of Central Florida to staff, members and the community. Promote and represent the mission and core values of the YMCA of Central Florida in the Family Center and its programs.
- Serve as a member of the Association Management Team to support and impact the overall objectives of the Association.