As one of the nation’s leading pediatric health care systems, Nemours is committed to providing all children with their best chance to grow up healthy. We offer integrated, family-centered care to more than 300,000 children each year in our pediatric hospitals, specialty clinics and primary care practices in Delaware, Florida, Maryland, New Jersey and Pennsylvania. Nemours strives to ensure a healthier tomorrow for all children – even those who may never enter our doors – through our world-changing research, education and advocacy efforts. At Nemours, our Associates help us deliver on the promise we make to every family we have the privilege of serving: to treat their child as if they were our own.
eBrightHealth is hiring an Executive Director to lead, support and guide the organization’s mission. As an Executive Director you will be responsible for the overall performance of the eBrightHealth alliance. You will oversee the sharing of population health strategies across partner systems to reduce variation in care, improve quality, patient experience and reduce cost. Additionally, you will direct the work of the development committee to initiate and oversee the efforts of the partner members to collaborate on business ventures and operations. You will have frequent contact with Board of Managers, eBrightHealth committees, clinicians, patients, community members and members of partner health systems.
As an Executive Director you bring strong leadership skills, technical and business acumen. You have the ability to collaborate, influence and motivate others. You have proven understanding of healthcare policy and regulatory environment, understanding of the managed care landscape, supply chain/GPO and contracting process.
Launched in July 2016, eBrightHealth is a first of a kind statewide strategic partnership of five health systems (consisting of seven hospitals) formed to increase access to health care services, improve the quality and affordability of care and offer all Delawareans an even brighter health care future through collaboration and innovation.
The alliance builds on the foundation and strengths of the statewide eBrighthealth Accountable Care Organization (ACO) Medicare Shared Saving Program begun in January 2016. The ACO serves over 50,000 Medicare beneficiaries and includes the participation of more than 300 employed and private practice primary care providers throughout the state. While the ACO is focused on Medicare populations, eBrightHealth will allow us to apply the same care transformation strategies across other populations.
- Foster strong and committed member relationships, through focused efforts with key partner executives.
- Oversee and lead key strategic priorities and projects with delivered results on time and on budget.
- Drive financial and operational collaboration among the member partners in the realization of eBrightHealth’s performance goals.
- Develop and implement effective strategies that reduce the expense or improve the efficiency/effectiveness of purchases or services among the member partners.
- Provide the leadership face to the communities served by eBrightHealth.
- Recommend the annual budget and business plans to the Board of Managers.
- Set priorities and monitor performance of staff and consultants.
- Represent eBrightHealth at community activities to enhance the organization's community profile and impact.
- Oversee managed care contract administration.
- Assess contracting terms, including reimbursement and risk-sharing components.
- Assist in the recruitment of clinicians to provide needed services in strategic locations.
- Develop provider performance targets, analyze results and determine appropriate action to meet established targets related to service, clinical quality, patient/provider satisfaction and cost.
Education, Experience and Special Requirements:
- Master’s degree required in business, healthcare administration or related field
- Management experience within large healthcare system
- 5 years of leadership experience
- Experience managing complex projects
- Experience managing budgets
- Working knowledge of physician reimbursement, population health and risk-sharing strategies
- Ability to utilize data to make strategic and operational decisions
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally, to achieve the goals of the organization