Executive Director - Waco, TX
We are currently seeking a professional, innovative and enthusiastic Executive Director for our Heart of Texas chapter, based in Waco, Texas.
As one of the nation’s premier humanitarian organizations, the American Red Cross is dedicated to helping people in need throughout the United States and, in association with other Red Cross networks, throughout the world. We depend on the many generous contributions of time, blood, and money from the American public to support our lifesaving services and programs. If you share our passion for helping people, join us in this excellent career opportunity.
This highly visible role leads and directs volunteers and employees in the Heart of Texas chapter to ensure the American Red Cross goals and mission are achieved. Reporting to the Regional Chief Operating Officer, you will promote an inclusive, team-based culture centered on leading and empowering volunteers. As the face of the Red Cross, this role also cultivates and manages select donors. In addition to enhancing community presence through key media and community partner relationships, you will steward the local board of directors. The population served in the assigned Chapter will be at or over 1M.
Recruit and develop local volunteer leaders to achieve mission metrics and support responsibilities in home market and district.
• In support of fundraising, manage local United Way relationships, local major donors, and board of directors’ contributions.
• Work with board to nurture individual, corporate, and foundation donors.
• Build community presence in home market through relationship with media, elected officials, and key governmental partners.
• Develop relationships with community stakeholders. Focus especially on those that bridge volunteer partners such as faith-based, college/university, NGO/NPO, and community organizations.
• Recruit and steward local board of directors for 100% participation. Manage annual board campaign and efforts of other related community boards.
Education: Four year college degree (BS/BA) in Business, Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, Finance or non-profit administration or equivalent experience required. Prefer Master’s degree in the field of community organization, public or business administration or non-profit management.
Experience: Minimum of 7 years related experience. Demonstrated ability to exercise good and timely judgment in complex situations. Demonstrated ability for strong communications and influencing skills along with public speaking and writing. Demonstrated ability to develop and implement fundraising strategies. Demonstrated ability to build sustain community relationships/partnerships Proven experience in influencing others and building relationships.
Management Experience: Minimum 5 years related management/supervisory experience. Experience working in an environment requiring flexibility and managing change.