Description of Job Duties:
- Executive Director serves as Technical Leader and technical backstop for a small team of server, network, and desktop adminstrators delivering enterprise infrastructure support and services.
- Executive Director also serves as the organization's Information Security Officer (ISO) and is responsible for the ongoing management of information security policies, procedures, and technical systems in order to maintain the confidentiality, integrity and availability of all organizational information systems.
- Responsible to ensure the stable operation of connectivity for the university. This includes but not limited to planning, developing, installing, configuring, maintaining, support, and optimizing all local, wide area network, Internet, hardware and virtual connections, wired and wireless, server and storage, associated software, and communication links.
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with The University President, Cabinet Members, Faculty/Staff, Students, IT Team, and Vendors.
- Ensure effective and open communication with other departments regarding the services provided by information technology staff.
- Plan, prepare, and oversee million plus dollar IT budgets inclusive of forecasting, ROI calculation and documentation, and operational expense management.
- Interact and negotiate with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure value-added products and services.
- Performs other job related duties as required
To qualify, candidates must possess the following competencies:
- Strategic Influence - Creating and executing influence strategies that gain commitment to one's ideas and persuade key stakeholders to take action that will advance shared interests and business goals
- Operational Decision Making - Securing and comparing information from multiple sources to identify business issues; committing to an action after weighing alternative solutions against important decision criteria
- Driving Execution - Translating strategic priorities into operational reality; aligning communication, accountabilities, resource capabilities, internal processes, and ongoing measurement systems to ensure that strategic priorities yield measurable and sustainable results
- Energizing the Organization - Motivating increased employee effort by communicating a compelling view of the organization's purpose and its future state in a way that helps others understand the importance of their contributions and feel how outcomes will be different when progress is achieved
- Masters Degree or Bachelor's Degree and 7 – 10 equivalent years of experience showing advancement, which includes management and/or leadership within IT Service Management and general higher education industry experience.
- Strong understanding of Cisco networking, Virtualized Server farms (VMWare), Storage technologies, Wi-Fi technologies, Telecommunications (Cloud VoIP Solutions), and Windows Desktop Support Services
- Solid organizational skills, ability to work with staff, faculty, and administration at all skill and management levels.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Is able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- CISSP certification preferred
- ITIL v3 Foundations certified preferred
- Experience supporting SonicWall security solutions highly desired
- Experience supporting Ellucian Colleague ERP Suite highly desired