Responsible for providing strategic leadership and executive oversight to all aspects of the Software Development and Engineering department projects and activities. Develops business objectives, project standards, and performance goals (within assigned areas) that are competitive with industry standards. Provides leadership and direction for diverse and complex functions. Contributes to the development of the organization's business strategy. Interprets business strategy and develops organizational objectives to align with this strategy. Typically manages multiple teams of professionals.
Employees at all levels are expect to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities
- Creates and drives organizational development and strategies. Develops and evaluates software in alignment with the Company's overall vision and business goals to leverage company initiatives.
- Leads Software Development and Engineering team in the development of new software and web applications, and provides continued support for existing applications and applications in development. Oversees implementation initiatives, software updates, and the roll-out of new software releases.
- Communicates and establishes relationships with vendors and other functional areas of the business.
- Provides leadership and direction to department personnel for management and non-exempt employees.
- Represents department views and influences decisions on potential software issues. Partners with other corporate functions and relevant business units to ensure that software development needs are monitored and addressed as needed.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work
nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Engineering, Computer Science
- Generally requires 14+ years related experience