Our team mission is to help our customers access, share and control their financial data so they can make smart decisions with their money. We want to enable innovation while adhering to our data sharing principles of security, customer control and convenience and privacy. We are seeking a highly motivated senior product lead to play a leadership role in defining and implementing the strategy for consumer-permissioned data sharing and API banking.
The successful candidate will be passionate about delivering great customer experiences through financial data sharing and aggregation, have a strong understanding of technology, APIs and "Open Banking" and be able to manage a strong risk and controls environment. This position will provide a unique opportunity to work with a number of FinTech companies while developing and bringing to market solutions at scale for millions of Chase consumer and small business customers.
The role will lead an industry movement to enable innovation and customer control through a more secure exchange of financial data.
- Develop and drive the strategy, roadmap and implementation for consumer-permissioned data sharing and API banking
- Lead external partnerships to drive our data sharing principles and sign deals with key companies in the industry
- Lead the product development of APIs that will enable our customers to manage their finances, open accounts and loans and make payments on third party applications; this includes the development of the API products and platforms as well as customer experience
- Collaborate with a team of cross-functional partners (i.e. Risk, Control, Compliance) to ensure a strong risk and controls environment; strengthen the controls through the management of risk and control self-assessments and remediation plans
- Be a leader in industry forums to drive a common interoperable standard ("standard API") for the industry; this includes working with other financial institutions as well as FinTechs and aggregation providers
- Manage our third party engagements including our joint roadmaps and strategy, business reviews, third party oversight ("security assessments") and remediation plans
- Manage production and operations support that require detailed product knowledge to help diagnose issues
- Lead a team of product owners; foster an environment of great team culture promoting openness, team safety and authenticity
- Deliver communications to executives and leadership team on the strategy and progress
- 15 years of experience in financial services, digital, product management and / or Agile software development
- Proven success in collaborating and driving decisions with multiple stakeholders, including team members across product, technology and design as well as business development, legal, and public relations
- Strong industry knowledge of APIs, "Open Banking," data aggregation and consumer data sharing
- Experience managing third party engagements, partnerships and suppliers ("vendors") is required
- Strong understanding of product and software development and the ability to work with Agile and Scrum
- Proven track record of managing risk and controls
- Minimum BS or equivalent level of education/experience required