* Responsible for all operations, acting as contact for all staff, residents, prospects, community organizations, government agencies and the public.
* Supervises, directs, and motivates community staff
* Maintains high degree of resident satisfaction and retention through consistent delivery of high quality services. Provides leadership for staff and residents to include pro-actively solving problems and resolving issues with support from district leaders.
* Administers annual resident satisfaction survey.
* Executes renewal program with existing residents through a proactive program.
* In conjunction with regional operations, executes annual operating and capital budgets. Aggressively anticipates and minimizes negative budget variances and deficits. Meets and exceeds budget occupancy goals for the property. Continually explores means of revenue enhancement and expense reduction.
* Hires, trains, disciplines and terminates employees in accordance with company policies. Reviews hires, promotions, disciplinary actions and termination of employment of associates ensuring consistency in the selection and retention of quality associates.
* Ensures buildings, grounds and property are up to company standards through the oversight of preventative maintenance systems and programs, and frequent inspections that meet company standards of excellence.
* Maintains current departmental policies, procedures, and licenses in accordance with company, Federal, State, and local requirements.
* Fosters creativity among staff to deliver the highest quality and best services to residents in in accordance with Brookdale standards. Acts as a member of Resident Counsel.
* Develops and maintains a positive image within the local community. Becomes active in social and civic affairs of the local community. Represents the community and the company to governmental agencies, professional organizations, community groups and other appropriate public agencies/groups.
* Utilizes approved sales and marketing activities and strategies to maximize occupancy.
* Assists in developing and conducting service plan reviews, as required by state codes, with appropriate resident care team members and resident families, which maintains the personal dignity of residents.
* Supervises the maintenance of resident charts and reviews documentation performed by resident care staff
* Oversees the resident admission process, healthcare management and maintenance of resident documentation to ensure compliance with company policy and state regulations.
* Oversees the healthcare management of all residents in accordance with company policy and state regulations. Oversees the adherence to company policy regarding administration of medication. Assists nursing personnel in staff training and ensures frequent audits are performed on medication sheets.
Required skills and qualifications:
* Bachelor's Degree in Healthcare, Gerontology, Business or other related field required
* Minimum of two to four years related leadership experience required; or equivalent combination of education and experience
* Must have a valid administrator license in states where required
* Must have a valid driver license and access to a private vehicle for business use
Job #: EDWmchaAZ621019