Executive Director, Senior IS Strategic Partner
11 - 15 years experience • Patient Care
Providence is calling an Executive Director, Senior IS Strategic Partner to Providence Health & Services in Seattle, WA. We are seeking an Executive Director, Senior IS Strategic Partner for the Swedish Region to apply their strategic acumen, executive leadership skills and healthcare operations experience to ensure that PSJH Information Services delivers the highest possible value to PSJH clinics, ministries and regions. They promote strong regional relationships and optimal regional delivery of technical services through leadership, partnership, planning, monitoring, and continuous improvement of IS shared services processes and projects. The Senior IS Strategic Partner is responsible for ensuring regional Information Services strategies and needs are aligned with corporate strategies and programs. This position manages local and regional IS governance in coordination and collaboration with corporate governance, strategic planning and budgeting processes. The Senior IS Strategic Partner is accountable for the collaborative development, implementation and ongoing optimization of IS service strategies and processes at the regional level. This includes accurately identifying, escalating and monitoring service delivery concerns, major enterprise projects and regional service delivery efforts. The Senior IS Strategic Partner provides matrix‐management, mentoring and executive leadership for regionally based IS shared services staff, including hosting of corporate functions regionally, managing facility requirements of regionally based staff, and addressing urgent regional caregiver needs as required.
In this position you will:
- Assist regional executives in strategy development to ensure Information Services requirements are adequately and accurately represented.
- Participate in local and regional operational governance to ensure clinical and business strategies are aligned with corporate strategies.
- Collaborate with IS executives and leaders to develop and enhance IS strategic plans and technology road maps to meet customer needs.
- Develop, manage and optimize regional IS governance groups and processes including overall responsibility for regional IS Oversight Committee
- Membership and active participation in regional operations & clinical governance committees as liaison for Information Services.
- Participate in IS corporate governance groups and regional IS project governance committees to ensure high quality of IS work products.
- Develop exceptional relationships regional executives & customers to understand regional needs and customer requirements.
- Assist in the documentation of new business requirements and facilitates the intake of new IS service requests and projects.
- Facilitate fulfillment of business and clinical needs via appropriate operational service delivery processes and new technology requests.
- Partner with regional and corporate IS leadership to plan, manage, monitor and optimize corporate and regional IS service operations.
- Establish and monitor standards for customer service within the shared services delivery model to report on and improve outcomes.
- Adhere to roles, responsibilities & standardized processes within shared service delivery model to maximize effectiveness of IS service delivery.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Business Management,
- Information Services or related field.
- More than 10 years Leadership experience in a healthcare setting; Demonstrated ability to create and successfully execute strategic plans for highly complex issues; healthcare information.
- 7 years’ experience with healthcare information services operations and support; experience standardizing complex and disparate processes; methodologies related to application management.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Master’s Degree in IS, Business, Healthcare Administration, or a related field.