Proliance Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine (POSM) is an orthopedic surgery practice that employs 250 people and has clinics in Bellevue, Issaquah, and Redmond, Washington. POSM consists of a highly skilled team of board-certified surgeons, along with a skilled clinical and administrative staff. POSM offers a full spectrum of orthopaedic services including an AAAHC-certified 4 OR outpatient ambulatory surgery center, a full-body MRI with ACR-accreditation, and physical therapy locations in Bellevue and Issaquah.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the care center’s Physician Shareholders, the Executive Director role encompasses all of the responsibilities traditionally associated with a medical group executive.
- Monitor and manage all aspects of the practice’s operations as a means of continuously improving the patient experience and ensuring every patient encounter is a positive one.
- Lead and direct all activities related to administration, patient satisfaction, personnel management, facilities, marketing, medical records, and regulatory compliance.
- Develop annual budgets and manage the variables that contribute to strong financial performance. Analyze the practice’s financial performance and champion opportunities for improvement.
- Lead a productive, team-oriented work environment. Be a reliable presence in the office and conduct regular staff meetings to provide information and solicit feedback. Coach and mentor staff by example and through use of clearly communicated expectations, progress meetings and performance reviews.
- Manage physician and staff recruitment, onboarding and compensation administration.
- Ensure that company core values are modeled and policies and procedures are followed
- Develop smart, cost effective approaches for marketing the practice and enhancing its relationships with hospitals, practices and providers.
- Leverage the resources in the Proliance Central Office to help meet the needs of the practice.
- Ability to serve as both a hands-on manager and a high performing individual contributor.
- Desire to exceed patient expectations and coach team on best practices.
- Excellent judgment, understands what s/he does not know and what questions to ask to reach well informed decisions that minimize risk.
- Self-effacing, humble yet confident person who is self-motivated, flexible, deals well with ambiguity and does not require positional authority to get things done.
- Capable communicator who is able to articulate ideas, thoughts and questions clearly and appropriately.
- Skilled manager with a collaborative style who influences change and builds consensus for ideas and recommendations that move teams forward.
- Passionate and proactive about solving problems, adding value and delivering superior results.
- Compassion for colleagues and subordinates and able to sustain collegiality and team orientation in a high performance culture.
- Process oriented.
- Absolute and unquestionable integrity.
- Bachelor’s degree, ideally in health care administration or a business discipline; Master’s degree preferred.
- Experience in health care administration positions (or equivalent) of increasing responsibility, ideally in an independent medical group environment and involving the management of clinics, ambulatory surgery centers and ancillaries.
- Demonstrated skills in finance, customer service, human resources, team-building, operations and strategy
- Strong Microsoft Excel, Outlook and Word skills; NextGen EPM and Epic EHR experience a plus.