Learn and work on meaningful initiatives with some of the best and brightest in the market research industry. The NPD Group provides the world’s most successful brands with leading market research, combining consumer and retail point-of-sale data with analytic solutions to interpret today’s market trends while anticipating tomorrow’s. In addition, we offer a career filled with innovation and growth to the forward-thinking problem solvers who join our team.
The Executive Director, Product Development is responsible for the evaluation and development of new products, driving them from vision to launch in line with Checkout’s revenue objectives.. The ideal candidate will be passionate about delving into every aspect of the business, seeking to understand the dynamics and business drivers, the market, industry, its competitors, and customers in order to be a thought leader who proactively drives the Company’s products and services forward.
This position forms a key part of the Checkout leadership team and the successful candidate will be expected to contribute more broadly to Checkout’s strategy development and ongoing execution success. In addition this person will lead a team of 2 dedicated Checkout product development team members as well as coordinate effectively and partner within the Checkout organization and the broader NPD organization, with an emphasis on the product development organization.
- In alignment with the overall Checkout business strategy, evaluate potential new product opportunities. This evaluation will encompass a business case that enables a go/no go decision.
- For approved new product ideas, design the product. This will include high level concept/design, vetting/refining this design based on Commercial and client interviews and detailed product build plans.
- Lead the end- to-end product development process, including the creation of comprehensive requirements and directing the cross-functional project team to build each product to deliver vs. requirements.
- Develop product launch plan including effective product marketing and sales materials to enable the NPD Commercial team to articulate the value of our new products
- Develop product pricing strategies and partner with FP&A to drive greater pricing realization.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related field with 10+ years of experience within client services, account management and product development.
- Strong Market Research experience with POS and/or Consumer syndicated data products; Experience in category management applications is highly desirable.
- Proficient in use of strategic product life cycle practices such as market/client assessment, competitive analysis, pricing, positioning, go-to-market strategies, etc.
- Experience leading cross-functional teams to address business issues and create product solutions.
- Possesses a strategic perspective to anticipate and plan for future opportunities to ensure that long-range organizational objectives are accomplished.
- Skilled in translating client’s needs/priorities into product requirements.
- Ability to analyze full product portfolio, including current products, and create a vision for new products.
- Understands product components and leads the process of development, deployment, and post-launch activity.
- Understands the features and benefits of products, and explains the uses of these products to colleagues and clients in a clear and concise manner.
- Demonstrated success in leading and developing high performance teams in a customer-centric, profit driven, product development environment.
- Experience working with commercial organizations and P&L management, with the ability to instill financial and strategic discipline into a product development environment.
- Client-oriented with excellent relationship-building and listening skills; ability to effectively discern and deliver on client needs.
- Solid organization and project management skills; ability to manage and deliver on multiple project deliverables simultaneously.