DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Take ownership for the creation and maintenance of portfolio policies and practices tailored to the Turning Point Therapeutics pipeline.
- Mange documentation, dashboard, scenario planning, risk/value analyses and trade-off decision frameworks.
- Generate and evaluate scenarios for executive leadership to inform long-range planning
- Lead the Portfolio Steering Committee meetings to ensure Portfolio Prioritization in that projects are prioritized based on scientific and commercial opportunity, risk, and uncertainty.
- Conduct annual (or at other intervals as specified) portfolio reviews with Portfolio Steering Committee to validate and assess the portfolio strategy, execute change and reprioritize to meet business needs as required.
- Develop in collaboration with Program Management the integrated program plan template and stage-gate criteria to facilitate decision making across the R&D organization
- Contribute to asset evaluation and due diligence processes/activities/programs to drive toward asset acquisition recommendations and associated clinical development strategies
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Advanced degree in a scientific discipline and/or an MBA preferred
- 10+ years in strategic roles in R&D organizations at biotech or biopharma companies, incl. at least 3+ years of direct portfolio management experience
- Portfolio Management/Strategic Planning/Risk Management, with experience in Risk Analysis, Decision Analysis, and Contingency Planning
- Solid understanding of drug development and product life-cycle development as well as commercialization
- Management/strategy consulting experience a plus
- Oncology experience highly desired.
- Ability to effectively present ideas and document complex medical/clinical concepts
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Well-spoken, confident, enthusiastic, and charismatic
- Team player with the ability to lead and collaborate with others to accomplish goals; adaptable to change
- Conduct business in accordance with the Mission and Values of Turning Point Therapeutics