Executive Director of Operations will be visionary with strategic and
operational capabilities and in close collaboration with the executives, will
be accountable for day-to-day operations of quality, safety, caregiver engagement,
provider engagement, financial performance, and patient experience. This will
include responsibility for continuous improvement, assessing, planning,
developing, and applying business analytics to solve problems. This position
will have both clinical and nonclinical service lines. The Executive Director
of Operations will represent administration to facility leaders and medical
- Direct and administer assigned functions to ensure high quality cost-effective patient services, which meet or surpass regulatory standards. Develop, modify, and implement patient care standards, policies, procedures and protocols in collaboration with the hospital staff.
- Lead and coach teams on their annual department objectives and periodic progress reports. Optimize appropriate utilization of resources and stewardship.
- Oversee compliance with organizations' objectives and goals. Provide coaching and counseling to leaders on maintaining and meeting financial, quality safety, and engagement goals.
- Develop, implement, and monitor annual operating budgets.
- Support and develop managers and staff to assure departmental effectiveness and efficiency.
- Ensure ethical and moral prospective to safeguard the rights of staff, patients, the medical staff and the institution. Consistently combine ethical judgment, professional skills, and the policies of Swedish and legal parameters in decision making.
- Manage both clinical and non-clinical service lines.
Goals and Objectives:
It is expected that the new Executive Director of Operations will be committed long-term to the role and make significant progress in the following measures of success within the first 18-24 months:
- Achieve best in class and top decile results and optimize clinical excellenceand performance in quality, patient safety and patient experience outcomes;improve performance on quality metrics; achieve status as a high reliabilityorganization; and improve operational efficiencies with an accentuated focus onSurgical Services, Command Center, and Transplant Services.
- Improve caregiver engagement and enhance the experience.
- Supports the development, optimization, and deployment of strategic ClinicalInstitutes across at the Campus and the Region in collaboration with local andregional partners.
- Develop and/or implement plan for an $800M tower expansion project.
- Assess and develop a cohesive relationship with the executive management team.
- Be a visible leader who engages employees across the organization and promotesa supportive culture built upon trust; focus on workforce developmentinitiatives.
- Strengthen financial performance to achieve growth projections.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field of study.
- Master's degree in Business Administration or Health Administration.
- At minimum, 5 years of experience in leading complex regionalorganizations.
- At minimum, 3 years of experience in healthcare operations.
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial data.
- Excellent collaboration and team building skills.
- Ability to lead/manage others.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to lead the operational management of complexorganizations through transition and growth within a complex, matrixedorganization.
- Experience in establishing organizational structures andmanagement systems to achieve administrative and clinical integration acrossthe continuum of care.
- Strong working knowledge of clinic operations, physician grouppractices, financial management, cost analysis, information systems and nursingoperations.
- Understanding of physician compensation design and trends.
- Understanding of accounting and annual budget processes, includingcapital investments.
- Broad knowledge of the trends in health care and theirimplications.
- Leadership experience with physicians and a demonstrated abilityto work with physician leaders.
- Ability to manage multiple stake holders including Caregivers,Physicians, Leadership positions, and Support Staff
- Ability to be a problem solver who involves others in keydecisions and assure timely decisions are made.
- Ability to establish relationships with diverse groups.
- Strong communication and good listening skills.
- Experience in continuous improvement methodologies.
- At least 1 year of experience in leading in a union environment.
- At least 2 years of experience in surgical services.