The Executive Director provides vision and strategic planning for weVENTURE, interfaces regularly with stakeholders and community partners to further weVENTURE's mission in support of growing sustainable businesses in our community through advocacy and fundraising. The Executive Director oversees, evaluates, and reports on the day-to-day operations of weVENTURE programs (e.g.support development and diversification of revenues, fostering client and sponsor relationships) to further the needs of clients, staff, and community partners. The Executive Director provides internal training and professional development for staff across all programs and oversees all budget and financial operations of weVENTURE. The Executive Director is proactive, strategic, creative, and promotes an innovative entrepreneurial growth mind-set within the organization. This position does require some evening and weekend hours set aside to meet with clients.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Dedicates 45% of time to overseeing the WBC SBA Grant operations. Oversees the budgets and all financial operations of weVENTURE. Promotes advocacy on behalf of the WBC and works with like-minded organizations to promote strategic partnerships to further WBC's mission. Experience in budgeting, utilizing acceptable accounting principles/practices
- Provides vision and strategic planning for weVENTURE. Interfaces regularly, promoting strong relationship building withstakeholders inclusive of weVENTURE board members, donors, Florida Institute of Techology. Fosters, develops and maintains relationships with local, regional, state and federal resources.
- Creates and implements an annual fundraising plan in conjunction with the advisory board of weVENTURE. Builds and enhances strategic relationships with major donors. Responsible for the funding and sustainable growth of weVENTURE operations.
- Interfaces regularly and promotes strong relationship building with stakeholders inclusive of weVENTURE board members, donors, Florida Institute of Technology administration, SBA personnel and the community at large. Develops strategic relationships withcommunity organizations to create additional business growth opportunities for clients.
- Represents weVENTURE as a public speaker at community functions and purposeful networking events. Holds monthly board meetings reporting on weVENTURE project activities, deliverables, and budget. Develops, implements and maintains, in conjunction with Program Directors, a strategic marketing and brand awareness campaign for weVENTURE.
- Responsible for the professional development and training of weVENTURE Program Directors. Supervises, sets performance goals and measurements. Promotes strategic collaborations with programs and departments at Florida Institute of Technology
- Develops and grows a Women's Leadership Program
- Interfaces and participates on the National Board or as a volunteer for the Association of Women's Business Centers. Travels tovarious business education and development conferences on behalf of weVENTURE.
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum 2–5 years of experience required in area of expertise