You will bring an ability to successfully manage individual contributors, project teams and who has experience in developing budgets, timelines and coordinating multiple project tasks. It is anticipated that you will contribute to business development through frequent interactions with clients and promotion of Health Solution’s RWE capabilities. You will also provide senior level supervision and mentoring to staff members and oversee the day-to-day management of our Parsippany, NJ office.
Primary responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Provide scientific leadership to RWE studies and applies knowledge of quantitative and qualitative scientific methods.
- Maintain line of research and expertise in relevant scientific areas, along with connections with new literature and regulatory requirements.
- Publish scientific work in journals, presents same at professional meetings and is contributing member to professional organizations (e.g. ISPOR)
- Support new service development through scientific innovation and leadership.
- Lead a dynamic team within the Surveys and Observational Studies practice area and provide hands-on development and line management of the team.
- Contribute to the strategic direction of the group through partnership with the Vice President, SOS and the senior leadership team.
- Develop and maintains external and internal client relationships.
- Provide a significant role in revenue generation and shaping the organization’s growth and scalability in providing RWE services to our clients.
- Leverage scientific knowledge and strong industry connections to drive business development activity and to win business.
- Collaborate with multiple practice areas to contribute to RTI-HS business goals.
- Ability to consistently deliver high-quality proposals, technical reports, slide set presentations, conference abstracts, manuscripts, and other deliverables.
- Develop or oversees proposal development to ensure methodological robustness.
- Provide rigorous review of client deliverables and sets and enforces quality standards.
- Manage financial performance of projects and provides guidance to others of same.
- Oversee and manages internal timelines to ensure that deliverables meet external client needs.
- Participate in staff recruitment efforts.
- Consult on existing and identifies areas where new SOPs are required.
- Mentor mid-level scientific staff
At RTI-HS, you will be provided the opportunity to conduct meaningful work in a collaborative, cross functional environment. We are focused on your career development and provide a generous benefits packages that includes tuition reimbursement, parental leave, paid time off, competitive medical/dental, and 401K. If you are looking for a dynamic workplace culture, comprehensive benefits, and opportunities to grow, come join our Publications team at RTI-HS for your next career move.
- Bachelor’s level degree and 15+ years of related experience in the pharmaceutical industry and/or in a clinical research or HEOR consulting agency, or
- Advanced degree (e.g., PharmD, MPh, Masters, PhD, or RN/PA/MD) and 10+ years of related experience in the pharmaceutical industry and/or in a clinical research or HEOR consulting agency
- Significant project experience pertaining to the design and execution of primary data collection and RWE studies including expertise in the development of protocols, data collection forms (e.g., surveys, CRFs), study leadership, synthesizing data and reporting/publication.
- Experience/knowledge of ethics and data privacy regulations, evaluation of data sources and recruitment strategies, familiarity with data capture systems, quantitative and qualitative research methods, chart abstraction studies, patient-reported outcomes.
- Communicate effectively (via email, telephone, and in-person) with clients and team members regarding projects and proposals.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytic skills with the capability of applying that knowledge.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, specifically MS Word, MS PowerPoint, and MS Excel
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team; excellent analytical and interpersonal and communication skills (both written and oral) in English.
- The successful candidate will work collaboratively with HEOR experts to develop innovative evidence generation strategies and high-quality deliverables for maximizing the impact of RTI-HS research with health care industry stakeholders.