Founded in 2002, LabConnect provides global central laboratory services including routine and esoteric laboratory testing, kit building, sample management, biorepository and scientific support services for biopharmaceutical and CRO clients in support of their clinical trials. LabConnect is a central lab headquartered in Seattle with a primary operating facility in Johnson City, TN. We’re looking for professionals that share our core values of building long-term successful relationships, self-awareness, passion to excel, creativity and interconnectedness.
Executive Director of Project Management - Johnson City or surrounding area
The Executive Director of Project Management is responsible for the design, implementation and evaluation of the Project Management divisions of LabConnect to include EDS, PRI and PRM. Working closely with Project Management team, the Executive Director, Client Services will assign clinical trials study management responsibilities to a designated Project Manager and direct activities to meet our client’s specifications and ensure quality deliverables on time and within budget. This position will work directly with clients and may also manage and/or delegate responsibility for day-to-day oversight of key clients/programs.
Management & Development
- Assist in hiring and assignment of Directors, Project Managers, and Associate Project Managers.
- Supervise, coach, develop, and retain talented associates.
- Responsible for all direct report staff reviews.
- Direct supervision of Project Management Directors and other key staff as defined
- Develop (with HR Training) project management talent development and training program.
- Assign clinical trial protocols to Project Managers, following work requirements, to ensure quality and timely delivery of service.
- Ensure that your staff maintain effective and productive communication and working relationships with all departments.
- Analyze and record personnel and operational data and write related activity reports.
- Meet with directors and other managers/supervisors to stay informed of changes affecting operations.
- Oversees the development of our Project Management methodology including key metrics (both departmental and project) and dashboards.
- Responsible for overseeing the smooth running of project deliverables conducted throughout our Project Management team.
- Ensure accurate and complete time capture by activity and project with project management functions.
- Create, track, report, and analyze functional KPIs with orientation to action.
- Responsible for budget achievement of project management functions.
- Serves as a critical escalation point of contact for management issues related to clinical trials.
- Participates in internal quality assurance unit.
- Interfaces with laboratory, customer service, business development, external project management, and information technology and data management personnel.
- Serve as primary project contact with Sponsors and Clinical Research Organizations to ensure appropriate communication channels are maintained and reporting schedules are adhered to.
- Represents LabConnect at client meetings and industry conferences.
- Performs other related duties and tasks as necessary or as assigned.
Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university required (Natural sciences preferred) with 8 years of project management in a central laboratory or clinical research organization or combination of 6 years’ experience with master’s degree.
- Dynamic leader with proven experience successfully leading a teams on global trials.
- Experienced in customer service and possess excellent organization and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to navigate software and databases.
- Adaptive to change, and excellent problem-solving and multi-tasking skills is required for success in this position.