TheExecutive Director ofProject Management isresponsible for the design, implementation and evaluation of theProject Management divisions of LabConnect to include EDS, PRI and PRM. Working closely withProject Management team, theExecutive Director, Client Services will assignclinical trials study managementresponsibilities to a designatedProject Manager and direct activities to meet our client’s specifications and ensure quality deliverables on time and withinbudget. This position will work directly with clients and may also manage and/or delegate responsibility for day-to-day oversight of key clients/programs.
Management & Development
- Assist in hiring and assignment of Directors, Project Managers, and Associate Project Managers.
- Supervise, coach, develop, and retain talented associates.
- Responsible for all direct report staff reviews.
- Direct supervision of Project Management Directors and other key staff as defined
- Develop (with HR Training) project management talent development and training program.
- Assign clinical trial protocols to Project Managers, following work requirements, to ensure quality and timely delivery of service.
- Ensure that your staff maintain effective and productive communication and working relationships with all departments.
- Analyze and record personnel and operational data and write related activity reports.
- Meet with directors and other managers/supervisors to stay informed of changes affecting operations.
- Oversees the development of our Project Management methodology including key metrics (both departmental and project) and dashboards.
- Responsible for overseeing the smooth running of project deliverables conducted throughout our Project Management team.
- Ensure accurate and complete time capture by activity and project with project management functions.
- Create, track, report, and analyze functional KPIs with orientation to action.
- Responsible for budget achievement of project management functions.
- Serves as a critical escalation point of contact for management issues related to clinical trials.
- Participates in internal quality assurance unit.
- Responsible to identify systems strategy and specific needs to compete in the marketplace on study management technology, and in relation to quality, efficiency, and scalability of project management.
- Responsible for industry competitive knowledge on study management, best practices, and pricing.
- Provide recommendations to LabConnect management on delivery, systems, and pricing related to study management.
- Implement (with Finance) ongoing project profitability tracking and analysis.
- Maximize the profitability of LabConnect Service Fees to meet or exceed budgeted profitability.
- Responsible for taking a proactive approach to collaborate with Finance to formulate operational and economic study by study projections and develop future study performance and budget expectations.
- Proactive study management based on conditions, operational projections, and economic study budget forecasts to include ensuring members of the department work according to the schedules and timelines established by the Sponsor.
- Liaise with LabConnect management and key Vendor Laboratories to identify and implement opportunities for standardization of processes and increase efficiency within and between our organization and departments.
- Interfaces with laboratory, customer service, business development, external project management, and information technology and data management personnel.
- Serve as primary project contact with Sponsors and Clinical Research Organizations to ensure appropriate communication channels are maintained and reporting schedules are adhered to.
- Represents LabConnect at client meetings and industry conferences.
- Performs other related duties and tasks as necessary or as assigned.
Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university required (Natural sciences preferred) with 8 years of project management in a central laboratory or clinical research organization or combination of 6 years’ experience with master’s degree.
- Dynamic leader with proven experience successfully leading a teams on global trials.
- Experienced in customer service and possess excellent organization and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to navigate software and databases.
- Adaptive to change, and excellent problem-solving and multi-tasking skills is required for success in this position.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including word processing, spreadsheets, PowerPoint, and MS project.
Certificates and Licenses
- Certification as an ASCP Medical Technologist and/or Registered Nurse is preferred.
- Supervises employees in the Project Management Department. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of this department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.