At athena, we are looking to take advantage of the latest innovations in analytics and machine learning, combined with the strong data asset and business model already in place, and launch a new portfolio of analytics products targeted at both our existing markets as well as new areas. We are looking for an individual to lead the product management team behind this effort – someone who is interested in bringing a series of new products to market and build out a high performing product management organization.
The Executive Director of Product Management will act as the holistic owner for our new analytics product portfolio. This will include working with the General Manager as well as other Product Line and Services leaders to establish the product vision; engaging with the customer base to identify and represent the users of the product; setting the priorities for development resource allocation; and helping to manage the direction of scrum teams. The Product Manager will interface with key leaders from across the organization to ensure consistency with all athena products. The Product Manager will have a team of 4-6 direct reports (with additional indirect reports) responsible for managing the key areas of the product. Their team will be charged with successfully understanding and responding to trends in the marketplace that impact future vision and roadmap of the product portfolio; grooming actionable backlogs of user stories for scrum teams; and helping to drive overall growth and effectiveness across the entire product’s scope.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop perspectives on comprehensive analytics product design, inclusive of software, knowledge, and service
- Collaborate with all members of the analytics scrum teams (including architects, UX staff, engineers, and process innovators) on the Agile development process to ensure consistent delivery of product releases
- Define priorities for company release cadence process (PRSM) and work with Product Marketing on proper client and organizational messaging
- Define new products and services by outlining approach to achieve desired outcomes within the boundaries of products
- Evaluate and respond to top product optimization opportunities from clients
- Support resolution of product related prospect & client escalations
- Enforce product boundaries that aligns with product strategy
- Prioritize features, enhancements, bugs, and make trade-off decisions
- Develop and author annual product roadmap
- Own, maintain and update the service description with changes to products
- Maintain consistent and cooperative relationships with key network and client stakeholders peer groups included third party vendors and other contributors to ensure effective communication, timely decision making and appropriate escalation paths
- Directly manage team of Directors and Sr. Managers. Lead workforce planning, staffing/forecasting of resource requirements across multiple geographies.
- Work to resolve issues by coordinating and influencing internal and external stakeholders as necessary
Education, Experience, & Skills Required
- Bachelor’s Degreerequired; Degree (Bachelor’s or Masters) in Computer Science, Business, or Product Design preferred
- Understanding of healthcare / health IT environment preferred
- 15+ years relevant product management experience.
- Technical understanding (mobile, SaaS, data) – ability to gut check technical feasibility and timelines and remove technical development barriers
- Understanding of product management best practices, including agile development environments; Agile certification a plus
- Proven track record of successfully defining and managing products throughout the entire product life cycle
- Experience successfully managing both beta and QA releases
- Domain experience in health care is preferable
- Deep analytical skills
- Experience with escalation management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience leading teams and managing direct reports
Behaviors & Abilities Required:
- Passion for improving healthcare, with empathy for the user of our products and services
- Ability to understand customer experience and impact of user interface design
- Can deal comfortable with enterprise clients and understands how they work and think; can craft approaches that are effective for important external stakeholders.
- Sees ahead clearly, can coach and influence others to anticipate future consequences and product trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective, and is future oriented.
- Ability to make sound product design decisions based on internal (business) and external (customer) requirements
- Drives results – translates the overall objectives of the organization into actionable, quantitative plans and demonstrates an ability to overcome obstacles to delivery successfully
- Appreciation for the software development process and the varying personalities in the cross-functional groups we work with
- Travelrequired, predicting 20-30%; time may vary and will include client site visits, conferences, trade shows, Sales and Marketingevents, and trainings.