Our Client is a national self-owned not-for-profit Catholic publishing company headquartered in northeast Indiana with a national sales team, and is the world's largest English-language Catholic publisher.
The Executive Director of Marketing leads the Product, Trade and Consumer marketing teams to develop and execute a compelling marketing vision across the Company. The person in this role provides strategic input to the senior leadership team, and empowers the marketing teams to implement brand awareness, nurturing and sales campaigns, and tactics that provide leads to sales or direct purchases through e-commerce sites. This position is responsible for all activities related to conceptualizing and implementing market strategy and achieving marketing targets, and reports jointly to the CEO and President, Publishing Division.
- Directs the implementation of overall strategic messaging and campaigns.
- Conceives, enables and drives coordinated nurture and promotional campaigns for parish contacts and consumer leads.
- Oversees public relations and brand awareness.
- Ensures marketing team fully leverages the Client's marketing automation platform (Eloqua).
- Implements a strong digital marketing function and regular reporting.
- Integrates marketing to significantly expand B2B and B2C commerce purchases.
- Oversees and fosters excellent webcast offerings and the use and re-use of webcast content for marketing campaigns.
- Collaborates with editorial and sales leadership and fosters collaboration and co-development of campaign, promotion and sales strategies.
- Establishes clear metrics and associated measurement for success and regular reports on results including responses and leads.
- Ensures that marketing efforts are defined and prioritized based on data.
- Proactively conducts industry research, customer interviews, product reviews, and surveys or focus groups to refine messages and to provide guidance for products.
- Minimum 10 years of experience leading marketing communications and promotions.
- Candidate must demonstrate successful implementation of campaigns/promotions in a business to business environment and in a business to consumer environment.
- Proven track record of developing team members and collaboratively creating multi-year career path plans, especially for high-performance employees.
- Candidate must have ability to write and edit materials for digital and print media.
- Must be familiar with building, maintaining and fully leveraging a multi-pronged social media presence.
- Experience with religious organization operations at a church or denomination level is preferred.
- Project management and project status reporting skills required.
- Sales or product development experience is a plus.
- An understanding of marketing research techniques and analysis and knowledge of effective design, layout and copy is desired.
- An understanding of the Catholic market, in terms of individual Catholics and parish life is highly desired.
- Extensive experience with digitalcampaigns and developing the analytics and tools to improve them in an iterative fashion.
- Proven leadership and management skills
- Project management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good listener .